Could use some help locating a possible stay.

I can not lock this down on any map I have..
#206 Calle C La Roca Fajardo

It's stated as walking distance to Seven Seas Beach & Bio-Bay.

Does anyone have a map that I can see this on?
Does anyone know the location?

try http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?q … ORM=HDRSC4

There maybe more than 1 Calle C

Here is another one. https://www.google.com/maps/place/Calle … 65.6637654

My suspicion is that you are in the far northeast corner of the island here.  You'd have to come up 987 (Carretera Cabezas).  I can find Calle B on the Bing map that Rey provided, but not C.  However, Seven Seas Beach is on that northeast corner, as is a bio bay.

http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/o709/wwinborne/Cabezas_zps45upz8ty.jpg

I think there is a 3rd one not showing up, here is a point close to Seven Seas and the Bio Bay. Have then meet you at a business close by and take you to the property. https://www.google.com/maps/dir/18.3671 … 18.3277279

Using GPS to locate an address sucks in PR, too many streets with the same name in different parts of the same town.

By the way Fajardo is 5 minutes from my lot in Ceiba off PR3, here is the view from my lot. https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B025qXGF1FVnI2

Found it!!!!!!!!

Latitude 18,3435, longitude -65.6541. Right next to baseball park

GoogleMap works pretty well on the island.  If they send you a location pin, you should be able to get to it. Street addresses here are not reliable, accurate, or non-existent. Getting to your destination while the sun is still up is recommended, especially the first time.

Thanks folks!
Think I'm going to ask her to drop a pin on the spot to confirm.

ReyP wrote:

By the way Fajardo is 5 minutes from my lot in Ceiba off PR3, here is the view from my lot. https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B025qXGF1FVnI2

You fending off pesty mosquitos or neighbors in that picture?
Have a Guest House??

Nice view!

It is an empty lot and it is ovegrown, I have 1 neighbor about 1/2 acre away on 1 side and nobody else for at least 4 acres away if not more. I have bananas, plantain, avocado and 2 very large mango trees growing there. Those in the picture are the previous owner (machete) and a dear friend (Hector which is a member of the forum).
By the way the neighbor 1/2 acre away is selling but asking too much, his property is a little over 3 acres. He will sell the small 3 bedroom house and the 3 acres for around 315-325 which is too much but the house has a nice view and it is in good shape. I would have a licensed electrician check the main box, he has been fiddling with it.

Now I'm getting nervous about her listing..
First she had it down by Marina Del Ray
The she had it further north...

Still can not secure the location.. I do think Rey has it right on his last.

Her last to me: Yes! The room is in Las Croabas! The area is called La Roca.

La Roca mean anything to anyone here?
Does that confirm your spot Rey?

That general area is las croabas last pin, Las Rocas means the rocks but not familiar with it. It is likely the Urbanisacion name located in Las Croabas. C street looks line a short street with just under 4 houses by the beisball park

Have her meet you around Marina Del Rey at one of the business and take you to the house. Then put a pin when you get there so you can find it again. I am somewhat familiar with Marina del Rey, drove by many times, have some relatives there and eaten at some of the restaurants. Plenty of businesses to meet you at. Put a pin on marina and drive to it, call her when you get there, she should meet you in 5 or so minutes. Unless she is lying about the location. Walking distance to 7 seas or the bay looks like a stretch to me.

Oh ya, walking distance is way out...
I just gave up on her. Found another that is across the street from the water.
Private parking, kitchenette and only a couple bucks more.
The area I'm looking for, just outside of the city.
Still Las Croabas.

The spot you show doesn't have the address she listed. I just don't like her approach.
I have no idea what I would be walking into...

Now, when you building the Guest House???
You I trust!

We will probably put our house on the market around July and sell next spring, then rent in PR while the house is build. It will be two stories, both 3 betrooms 2 baths, we will Airbnb the bottom one and live above with an even better view. I am building a mid size pool also to share with the guests, but in reality it is a requirement for the wife to come to PR.

Found a nice little Motel just outside of San Juan for the first night. That's now booked.
No Rey, not by the hour. LOL!
Just learned my South Coast pick is not available.. Shame, I really liked it..
More research on that area to come.

The place near Fajardo I like. It's at the Entrance to Para La Naturaleza Las Cabezas De San Juan.
Since we'll arrive there mid-week, should have a bit of the area to ourselves. Will have to learn a bit more about it, but looks really cool!

I did find a B&B, well more of a Tarp & tarp in Salenas that has a chartered sail included.
Strikes me more of a Hostel then a B&B and the boat, well it's a float... Not really liking..

Most of this is worked out now.

From Fajardo head to Salina and general area. Look around for places when in the area if you can not book something ahead. For some, if it float, it's a boat.

When are you arriving at the island?

Itinerary as follows:
Arrive 13 March 2pm. Find 1st nights stay, some food for the following day's run and flop.

14 March starts the run South through Arecibo. I'm going to skip the caverns, especially since I learned 80% of it is closed due to vandalism. Still not booked and researching between Ponce & Salenas. Two nights there.

16 March arrive in Fajardo. This will be a long day I feel. Couple places I know I will stop, then those I don't know of yet.

21 March Drive back to San Juan and fly out.

That gives me 4 full days in & around Fajardo to explore and learn.
One of those I'd like to see Visques. I hear it's prettier, more Island like than Culebra.
I also would like to see the Southside of the island.
Probably will end up being a day trip and thinking Friday so we don't hit the weekend traffic (which I hear can be quite heavy).

I think driving through town to see the Marina's will tell me most of what I want to know about Fajardo. Exploring the outer regions will be more interesting to me.
If I was to 'land-base' myself, that's where I see it happening.

I'm a little frustrated right now on finding a 'good' place on the South shore. This will be our first look at water and want it to be right.

Check the costs at the marinas and compare with your budget.
Check with Mrkpytn, he has some rooms for rent in Ponce, not sure what he charges.

Booked with Mrkptn for the South shore!
Whoa! Looks like a great place to stay!
We are excited again!
Thank you Mark, the South shore was almost crossed off with how difficult it was getting to find something nice. I really need to see this region.

Ponce was not on my list, but his place and the area seems like it should be seen.
I'm now wondering if I have enough time to really explore his region/town.
Day of arrival we will have the energy to do a walk-about and with a full day to drive further south and east, check at least 2 Bays.
As we leave there, we'll check another I hope to see.

South shore has a different goal for me.
From here (sitting in the Nor'east with the fireplace going) I say probably not, but will not make that call till I see.
Pro' & Cons to every area (including mine, with the fire going).

Again, Thank you Mark and look forward to meeting you!

Thanks for sharing your excitement and appreciation. From Ponce you can see most of the south coast within an hour from Salinas to Boqueron. Mary Lees by the Sea in Guanica is a favorite place for many folks. This is beach, kayaking and hiking country. This is a dry biosphere or dry forest,  This is hot desert like country. Very beautiful. Playa Santa on the other side of the Guanica Bay has some nice beaches in a nature preserve, Best experienced on week days and definitely not around the holidays. You can also experience Toro Negro. The highest mountain in Puerto Rico with very few people. Coffee plantation tours are available in this area. Lots of cultural events go on in Ponce but that is a matter of timing. Traffic in Ponce is not ta problem and the best time to visit the surrounding areas is during weekdays. On weekends everyone heads to the beach. If you go out on weekends head out early and come back earlier. My suggestions based on experience.