Looking for cheap used bicycle

Ey guys,

I'm looking for a used bicycle. Budget is only 500k. I need something small because I'm small.
Thank you!

Look in at any of the many shops with used bikes overflowing onto the sidewalk.  Your price is a little low though.  Bikes should be moderately but not extensively refurbished and quality will vary both within and between shops.  Minimal English for the proprietor will be expected but not really needed to negotiate for a bicycle.  Just point out what you want and they can write the price on a piece of paper.   My experience, a few years ago so it might not be fully current, is that your price may be too low.  About a million VND for a one speed will be more common as it is 40-50% of the new price.

Hi there, thank you for this info. Yeah a million dong should be ok :) Do you know any street here known for selling bicycles?

I lived in one of the outer districts so the area where I bought mine would not likely be convenient for you, but you may need to get away from districts 1 & 3.  If you have any local acquaintances they should be able to tell you.    The shops do tend to cluster on certain streets as you may have noted.

I know some place in Dist 2 or in Bui Huu Nghĩa street, Binh Thanh Dist sell used cheap bike.
Good luck.

thank you for this, I have found a bicycle area in D1 near where I live :)
I'm all good now. Thank you!

Great.  I don't know how it is in the Philippines but remember that  that right of way in Vietnam is the opposite of most places.  Trucks are over cars, cars over motorbikes, motorbikes over bicycles and bicycles over pedestrians.   Just be careful out there.    :top:

Cool! Thank you for this info. I tried it on road the other day when I was choosing bikes, I admit I was very nervous! I am feeling safe though as everyone seems to respect each other on the road, which I don't see in Manila.

The key is to drive straight, don't make any sudden sideways moves and if possible no sudden stops.   Stay as far to the right as you can and still keep a straight line, but watch for motorbikes driving the wrong way close to the curb. 

Most Vietnamese wouldn't even consider lights (or helmets) on bikes but I noticed that was beginning to change when I left in '15.  In '14, I had to go all the way to D3 to find a modern LED light but you should be able to find something in one of the higher end bike shops that seem to be coming up.   People may think you are odd, but I would recommend flashing mode LED's front and back both day and night.

Hi there,   Do you mind if I ask you where you ended up buying your Bicycle in D1. I am also looking to buy a decent second hand bike. Thanks so much in advance.
Lorna

hi Lorna, check this street: Bùi Hữu Nghĩa, Ho Chi Minh City, Bình Thạnh, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam. That's a bicycle area so you should have plenty of options.

iraluzguevarra wrote:

Cool! Thank you for this info. I tried it on road the other day when I was choosing bikes, I admit I was very nervous! I am feeling safe though as everyone seems to respect each other on the road, which I don't see in Manila.

What I experienced in Manila is really different,
I usually see cars stopped for pedestrians to cross the street, which I didn't see in Vietnam.

I used to live in Ortigas but I also have been around Manila.

Awe cheers...   Thanks so much for your help.    I went to the street you suggested and got a great mountain bike for just 1.5million so thanks again 😊🚲

Bui huu nghia st, binh thanh D,they sell alot of used bycycle

Hi,
I am looking for a cheap used one too... Where did you get yours?

Thanks,
GAN

Bui huu nghia st, binh thanh dist

Got it... Thanks

@iraluzguevarra

Moderated by Bhavna 2 months ago
Reason : Post an advert in the classifieds please
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@iraluzguevarrahi.***        -@sceptic2

Not exactly the "cheap used one" that the others seem to be looking for.  That's over 22 million VND.