Close

Driving License

Moving to Khobar mid-Feb 2011.
Coming with a Canadian Driving License - do I need to take a new test - what are the formalities - just an exchange of license with an eye test etc??
Thanks for your thoughts!

Its a simple exchange for the driving licence, they do a blood test, 1 min drive (just to check you know how to drive).

Nothing to worry about it.

Thanks! I understand that when u say exchange, they in fact will take my Canadian license. Right?

The Canadian license stays with you.

They will just keep a record that you have a Canadian Driving Licence.

A Saudi driving Licence will be issued.
(by the way the picture ob the driving license will be the picture thay take when you enter KSA.

Before you obtain a driving licence, you will have to obtain your Iqama (residency permit).

Gotcha !! Thanks.

What if some one has valid U.A.E driving license ?

Thanks,

it's also good not to mention your canadian driver's license, and just apply for one here.
you have to do a blood test and eyesight test, and a simple driving test.

Zeesham wrote:

What if some one has valid U.A.E driving license ?

Thanks,

I have a valid UAE license as well, I asked around already, they will take and cancel that UAE license. You will not be able to get it back IMO. I have a friend who has a Qatar license, they took that one too. I think GCC licenses will be canceled here if you applied for Saudi License. What I did is use my home country license, but sad to say I have to go through the normal process like lectures, driving test parking test, ect. But they will return your license after the registration at counter 4 I think.

If you have patience, start early morning and you can finish in 1 whole day. Remember if you don't know Arabic, better bring somebody to interpret for you, because that will help you make the process faster.

Requirements to bring with you:

1. Letter from your sponsor, with stamp from I don't know which ministry.
2. Application form filled up in Arabic.
3. Iqama
4. Copies of your Iqama, driving license, and passport copies.
5. Photos, I think 4-5 copies.
6. Cash. 250 (estimate for 5 years) 425 (estimate for 10 years), 100 for Driving test and Lecture fees and 50 for Blood test.

Hello!

To which office here in Khobar should I apply for a driver's license. And where is it located exactly?

I would appreciate receiving detail from you all.

cheers :-)

There is one in Dammam Khobar Highway - a driving school, you can try there or else there is one in Dallah.

gonzrule wrote:

Hello!

To which office here in Khobar should I apply for a driver's license. And where is it located exactly?

I would appreciate receiving detail from you all.

cheers :-)

Take Right from the King Abdullah Bin ABdulazziz road, Just in front of Hardee's------ Go till the next signal and take free right from there ( Street -4) ------ Go till the next signal and Take left from this signal (Street-10), if you see on the left at this signal there is a Saudi Mart also------- After 300m approx you will see the Khobar Traffic Police office on your left side on the main road only.

hehehe :top: @saimans.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

hehehe :top: @saimans.

You know this, right ?? :lol:

Following link can help you out and explain things in more detail.

Exchange Driving License in Saudi Arabia

Thank you for the detail. :-)I'll apply for a driver's license in two weeks. Wish me luck!

Good Luck

Questions and answers about transports

Ask your question
NaeemBhatti
Road to Oman without entering UAE
By NaeemBhatti
angsta
SABTCO Bus Schedule: Khobar - Bahrain
By angsta
giggs112010
Renting and/or buying a car in Al Khobar
By giggs112010