Is is a good salary and choice?

Hi people!

I would appreciate your help in this, please.
I have an offer in a big technology company in KL, I´m spanish and personally I would love to try and change country, I miss travel a lot and Kuala Lumpur seems great to start a new life in a job I love.
I have fear and a lot of excitement just to thing about it!
Thing is, I would go with my boyfriend. I don´t expect him to work soon and work has been harsh on him lately so I want to be able to pay for everything myself without much problems.

The first offer is 6000 RM month, plus free housing the first months...
Is it good? I don´t need a big flat, but I will work in the city  (¿Pantai Dalam is center there?) and I will like security or a nice building in the center city.
I am a professional in my career and have good experience and skills for the job.
Should I ask more?  Would be a good sign for the recruiter?

PS: my family don´t want me to go because they say will be dangerous for a white blonde woman. I want to give a try and I am a responsible person.

A.MP.27 wrote:

Hi people!
PS: my family don´t want me to go because they say will be dangerous for a white blonde woman. I want to give a try and I am a responsible person.

The safety rules for a lady in KL, white, black or whatever, are exactly the same as for any other large city.
Avoid dark corners and avoid obvious danger.
There is the added  problem of local conmen, but they're easy to avoid.

Why do they think it would be dangerous for a white woman?

Hi Fred, thanks for your quick reply!

About safety, I am not concerned myself much, I have experience travelling and it´s like you say, you take precautions and it´s good. Its more people talking and saying just bad stuff trying to change my mind.
I am decided to go, but it´s that, people around me (family and friends) saying the easy stuff /and we know how easy it´s talking bad and believing in rumors and people exaggerate/, I appreciate more the advice of the people living there and actual experience.
Thanks again, really

I've only spent 6 months there and I have the disadvantage (as far as this thread goes) of being a man, but I very quickly found out the basic safety rules are pretty much the same as for any other large city.
The cops tend to be out in force at night to ensure there is no serious trouble and they get harsh with the naughty boys.

The main added danger is the con artists who try to get you to play cards and who's grandmother is always just rushed into hospital with a serious illness, that and they have a daughter (or other close family member) who is just about to go to uni in whichever country you're from.
Smile and tell them you're unable to help as you'll be in KL for a while as you're about to marry a local cop.
You'll be unable to watch them run off because of the dust cloud they leave as they rush away.

Hi dear,,

Its is great if you would like to challenge yourself to start travel to Malaysia. My opinion, the salary would be enough for your ownself if you're not demand on your lifestyle. The place you are mention is near to the city centre and easy access to public transport also. This area a lot of foreigner also and have many choice apartment and condominium. Maybe u would be love it.  ;)