2 Celta graduates looking for work and advice about moving to Vietnam

My friend and I have recently finished our Celta course. We are hoping to move to Vietnam to experience and totally different culture, make new friends and see more of the country. Any advice on how to look for work or settle in would be much appreciated as we are both new to this working abroad thing!

Thanks,
Fran

It all depends on what you are looking for.  I've been here for three years and have lived in or visited most of the major cities, some second tier cities and I currently live along the south central coast.

Each locale has pros and cons, as you'd expect,  so if you want all the amenities,  such as, petty crime, pollution and traffic problems of the big cities then that is a possibility. The countryside is truly embracing the culture, but has innumerable challenges like language and culture shock. A third alternative would be the second tier cities, which often provide many of the big city pleasures without the big city hassles.

What's your pleasure?

Hi

i am looking for some one i can improve my English. i don't know what place you will live in Vietnam? Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh, Da Nang,...? If you will be in Hanoi, i can help you, all (work, accommodation, visa extention,...or i can teach you Vietnamese if you have a plan to live long in Vietnam. and i like traveling, so i will be a tour guide for you to all areas of Vietnam. this is my email: *** ; welcome!

Moderated by Chris 7 years ago
Reason : Please avoid sharing your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

As CELTA graduates, assuming that you also hold Baccalaureate degrees, you should be able to find employment at the better language schools at $20 or more.  Stay away form the private lessons until you are established.

If you were from the US I would advise you to bring diplomas  and certificates needed for work permits with you and certify here, but I seem to recall that the UK consulate/embassy may not extend notarization services.  Research this before you come.