My experience in Saudi Arabia

I'm Emeka, from Nigeria. I relocated to Saudi cos of work, I'm Emergency Room resident doctor. Honestly speaking, live here is so boring, more like work, home, work. Same thing everyday, with the restrictions here, it has made it difficult for me to met and make new friends

Hey there Emeka, I agree that life here is boring especially when you came from an open country and I guess this is the same feeling with every new comer 🙂.

But then if you come to think of it, we came here to work for money either to support ourselves or our families. So give it some time, you will adapt to the life here and might enjoy the privacy and the silence.

If you wish to make your life here a little bit exciting, I'm sure your colleagues know some places where you can socialize and meet friends. Or maybe try to explore the place like visit " Red Sand", "Edge of the World" and other tourist spots.

Whenever I feel so exhausted and burnt out, I go out with friends, eat at a fine-dining restaurant and plan for an out-of-the country trips once in a while just to break the monotony. We also go for a movie night at an embassy whenever we feel doing so.

Give it some time and you will meet new friends 👌

Hey conniesky, thanks for the word of encouragement. That's honestly what I need now, l believe I'm still adapting to life around here and will make friends soon. Thanks all the same

You're welcome!  :)

Closed