Documents for Finding Work in Ecuador

Hello All,

Happy Holiday!

I've heard to apply for work in Ecuador you may be asked for a Birth Certificate, University Degree and Criminal Background (and have the documents legalized) from your country of residence. Can anybody confirm if these documents need to be translated as well (with translations also legalised)? Do the translations need to be done by an official translator or can someone as myself (who is fluent in spanish) do the translations on my own?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Luca

Dear Luca,

Among the documents needed to work in Ecuador, foremost is:  an official contract from your Ecuadorian employer that receives the imprimatur of the EC Cancillería.  Do you have this?

If not, have your employer provide it .. and have them assist you in navigating the official list of documents needed.

Here is that list from the Cancillería website, in español, of course.

www.cancilleria.gob.ec/visa-12-vi-trabajo

Thank you for this, I've seen this site and looking to clarify because although the documents I mentioned are not included on this website, I have friends (mostly Venezuelan) who have been asked for these specific documents, not included on the site.

Hi Luca,
How are you?
Are you in Quito?
We just arrived two weeks ago. Yes, you need to have the documents translated by an OFFICIAL Translator. I also legalized all my documents.

Keep in touch,
Cheers & Merry Christmas
Shima