Christian Filipina

Hi,

A friend of mine told me about the web site, Christian Filipina.

I live in Canada, and was considering using this site, but I first want to find out from others who have used it or are familiar with it about their experience using it. Thanks.

The name of site is ridiculous.

Hello Traveller61:   It depends what you want or expect from this forum.  From my understanding and experience in this forum it is to share knowledge and experience with fellow expats.  For instance if I want information about life in a small town in the province, cost of living in a particular location and such...I would query this forum and hope that someone at the location I'm asking about would respond with an answer.  But if I want information that deals with legal matters...say, such as a particular type of visa I need, I'd inquire with the appropriate agency first...rather than this forum.  That's because you may get a response from someone in the forum...but it could be the wrong information...or that expat's experience from which the answer was based on may not be relevant to the inquirers situation.   So I checked official sources first before I post my inquiry on Expat.com....saves me time.   Expat.com is a valuable venue for exchange of ideas, opinions, general knowledge about anything going in the Philippines...but be cautious when it comes to specific, official or legal matters...make sure you check it out with the appropriate authority first.  And it can be fun...as I found out.

FCStraight wrote:

Hello Traveller61:   It depends what you want or expect from this forum.  From my understanding and experience in this forum it is to share knowledge and experience with fellow expats.  For instance if I want information about life in a small town in the province, cost of living in a particular location and such...I would query this forum and hope that someone at the location I'm asking about would respond with an answer.  But if I want information that deals with legal matters...say, such as a particular type of visa I need, I'd inquire with the appropriate agency first...rather than this forum.  That's because you may get a response from someone in the forum...but it could be the wrong information...or that expat's experience from which the answer was based on may not be relevant to the inquirers situation.   So I checked official sources first before I post my inquiry on Expat.com....saves me time.   Expat.com is a valuable venue for exchange of ideas, opinions, general knowledge about anything going in the Philippines...but be cautious when it comes to specific, official or legal matters...make sure you check it out with the appropriate authority first.  And it can be fun...as I found out.

Thanks for responding and for the recommendations. My question does not involve any legal matters. Christian Filipina is a dating web site. I heard about it, and was posting on here to find out the experience of others who have used it. And I am fully aware, that each person's experience would vary who have used it.

Traveller61 wrote:
FCStraight wrote:

Thanks for responding and for the recommendations. My question does not involve any legal matters. Christian Filipina is a dating web site. I heard about it, and was posting on here to find out the experience of others who have used it. And I am fully aware, that each person's experience would vary who have used it.

I signed up for that website back in 2012..i did not take 2 months there. I did say it is like any other dating website. You may find the good ones and also the many many bad ones. So i will say it highly depends on you, and the type of set up you have in finding a partner . But i will also advice it did be better to come and make friends here then move on to finding a partner, online dating now a days can be a night mare.

flex14 wrote:
Traveller61 wrote:
FCStraight wrote:

I signed up for that website back in 2012..i did not take 2 months there. I did say it is like any other dating website. You may find the good ones and also the many many bad ones. So i will say it highly depends on you, and the type of set up you have in finding a partner . But i will also advice it did be better to come and make friends here then move on to finding a partner, online dating now a days can be a night mare.

Thanks for writing. True, some have found success through online dating, and others have not...each person's experience will be different. I agree, I do think it is better to visit, to establish new friendships and then seek a partner.  All the best for 2017.