What to do Christmas Day in Puerto Vallerta?

Hi All -
My 20-year-old daughter and I will be arriving in PV on Christmas Eve and spending three glorious weeks in the area.   This is our third time there but never at the holiday season.
Can anyone advise us as to what we may do or who to network with on the 25th?   I know mostly everyone will be with family and friends and it will be serene and wonderful.   But we would love to connect up with either Expats or go to a general Christmas event if there is one.
Your suggestions would be helpful!
Thanks,
Arlene and Anna

I am coming back to PV on the 23rd. I would be willing to meet up with you. I live and teach in Vallarta. I would be happy to show you around or just answer any questions you have. Besides going around Vallarta making a day trip to San Sebastian would be interesting. It is up in the mountains.  It is a former gold mining town and quite traditional architecture wise with some nice restaurants.
Craig C
othren.

http://www.puertovallarta.net/what_to_d … mexico.php   SS is an extraordinary colonial town.  there are several hotels/haciendas in the area that may offer meals but you want to confirm that as SS pretty small.

Many Mexicans consider Xmas to be on the 24th for family get together and food in the evening.  Many may be recovering from the night before

Thanks for the SS suggestion.   We may go there on another day when we rent a car for a day or two.    Just need some suggestions for xmas day.   Event?   Expat meet-up?

952craig20 wrote:

I am coming back to PV on the 23rd. I would be willing to meet up with you. I live and teach in Vallarta. I would be happy to show you around or just answer any questions you have. Besides going around Vallarta making a day trip to San Sebastian would be interesting. It is up in the mountains.  It is a former gold mining town and quite traditional architecture wise with some nice restaurants.
Craig C
othren.

And good coffee. GyC
Also, make a day trip to the following towns San Pancho, Lo de Marcos, La Peñita de Jaltemba/Rincon de Guaybitos,  by bus or car. Internet site http://explorenayarit.com/

Adios and enjoy your stay. GyC.

Thanks.   We really just want to stay in PV for the first few days...we'll be tired from traveling.   So....want to find something to do in P.V.  xmas day.