Moving for a year

Hello,
I'm a Canadian girl with Dutch parents wanting to take a year to move to the Netherlands and really learn about my culture. My Dutch isn't great, but Im sure I'll pick it up quickly. I'm hoping to move to either Utrecht or Rotterdam depending on where I can get a job. I'm a University student taking a year off so I'm not really sure what kinds of job I would really be we qualified for. Any help, ideas, and leads are appreciated.
Christy

Hi Christy,

Dutch culture ........ that made me smile (allemaal, sorry hoor) . :)

Anyway, welcome to the Forum; assuming you have a Dutch passport, then you'll have no problems coming to anywhere in the EU and working.  If you don't have a Dutch passport (and have no attention of doing so), then I'd advise you to read through the Handy Tools link at the top of the page, it has many articles that you may find of interest.

As for a job, check out the jobs link at the top of the page; however, if you don't speak Dutch, then your chances of getting a decent job are restricted pretty much to low-end work that won't support you enough to live; even more so because of your lack of relevant experience and qualifications.  Have you any family in Holland you can go to?