Need witnesses for marriage in HK

Hello everyone,

This is Adi.  I have plan to get married in HK with my fiance. We, both, are foreigners and don't know anyone in HK.  We have read about the HK marriage rules/laws and short of only one requirement i.e. two witnesses. I'm wondering how to have two witnesses in HK as we don't know anyone there. The marriage cannot be registered in HK without two witnesses.

Would be very grateful if someone in HK would help us. Our plan to get married in February'2016. The date has not been decided yet but most probably it would be first week of February.

If anyone is ready to help us we can discuss further about the fees and other things.

Hope we can get help.

Thanks,
Adi

Hi Aditya!

I'm a newcomer in Hong Kong, arrived 1.5 months ago. I understand you when you say it gets difficult for expats to settle here in specific things, I myself have gone thorugh difficulties at the beginning and wish I could have had more support, so if I can be of help for you do let me know. I don't know if those witnesses need to be locals or not, but I'm totally open to help.

And wish you the best in your wedding!

Thank you Jonathan! I don't live in HK. I would be coming to HK just to get married.  The witness should be 18 years and above, have valid ID such as passport or HK ID.

I appreciate your help. I have sent a pm to you. I would let know the marriage date, time and location as soon I will decide on it.

Thanks,
Adi