Seeking an environment to work with a laptop (the North).

Hi guys,

I am here on an internship and my boss has just left the country for some weeks, I have to work at my own place now or wherever I please. However, my internet at home is awful and does not give me the opportunity to work efficiënt. I tried to work at vida e caffe but it is too busy, despite their free wifi which is decent enough.

I am searching for some kind of relax place with free internet and in the best case a bar where I can work without people that try to kick me out. I am only bringing a laptop and that is it. I was thinking about a hotel but I don't think every hotel will allow me, unless I keep buying stuff from their bar. Is anyone here familiar with working in different places in the North, preferably Grand Baie or P.Aux.Cannoniers.

Greetings

Vida E Caffe @ La Croisette, Grand Bay. This is my out-of-office den.
WIFI and nice coffee, comfortable chairs.. What else?  :P

Like I said, been there but found it too busy. :(

Thanks anyway! :)

Hi DaaninMauritius,

Our favorite place to work from is Mystik Restaurant #36 in Mont Choisy. You can sit there for the day if, let's say, you have coffee in the morning and then lunch in the afternoon. But! The view of the striking lagoon, the peace, the background jazz makes it totally worth it. Consider it a Friday treat.

Check-out also Café Muller on the coastal road of Grand Baie. Internet is not so bad, but the peaceful ambiance makes up for it. A coffee shall pay for it.

I would also recommend you to invest on an EMTEL 3G Dongle and re-charge it every time you need, that will let you work from anywhere for free: the beach, Grand Baie library, the deck, you name it!

Check out Mauritius Conscious Guide for other recommendations on where to eat, crash and things to do on your free time.

Cheers!