Private Messages

I'm a new member of expat.com and I could say I am enjoying and learning a lot just reading the forums and responding to few and it makes me feel good that I am able to share my insights and help other people as well.

As I like to know and learn about other cultures, I don't mind getting contact request and respond to private messages if it's necessary but I got a message from someone asking me if I'm single or married and that he wants to marry me. What???

Unbelievable and irritating.

conniesky wrote:

I got a message from someone asking me if I'm single or married and that he wants to marry me. What???

Unbelievable and irritating.

..and a banning offence.
Report the PM immediately and they'll be removed from the forum.

Can you please tell me how? thanks a lot!

Anyway, I just blocked him. Thanks @ Fred

It's better to report it. There is a 'Report' option (link) in all messages you receive.

conniesky wrote:

Anyway, I just blocked him. Thanks @ Fred

Report him anyway.
These people do it to a lot of people and they are unwelcome here.

Thanks @ TLL and @ Fred, I found the "report" link but I'm just wondering how his second message went through when I've already blocked him.

Thanks again!

conniesky wrote:

Thanks @ TLL and @ Fred, I found the "report" link but I'm just wondering how his second message went through when I've already blocked him.

Thanks again!

Please PM the link to his profile page to me asap

Pm sent, thanks!

Hello everyone,

Indeed if you receive any unsolicited private message, report it so that we can view that message and take necessary actions.

"I got a message from someone asking me if I'm single or married and that he wants to marry me. "

This type of message is not at all welcomed on the website since we are not a dating website. Any members sending these types of private messages will be banned.

I am now closing this thread since questions related to the website, how it works, moderation and so on should be asked directly through the Contact us form.

All the best,
Bhavna

[Topic Closed]

Closed