Grumpy today

Shoveling snow today, back hurts and you guys are working on your tan. I'll get my revenge and make it snow in PR as soon as I get my weather making machine finished.

I want a piece of Lechón!

Hummm, and here I am thinking that in less than 24hrs I will be in the island.  :cool:

adlin20 wrote:

Hummm, and here I am thinking that in less than 24hrs I will be in the island.  :cool:

At least don't eat all the Lechón

So sorry about the snow, Rey! No snow in the S.F. Bay Area but we are supposed to get down to 26 degrees tonight so I am with you on being over the cold! To make myself feel better, I am reading a book titled, "The Time It Snowed In Puerto Rico"  unfortunately,  finding out it was a title just to lure me in!  ;)

Must be  scyfy book

Nothing that exciting...Just a plain old novel.

yea...we got 6" here in central CT.   The roads were a mess and my driveway plowed in by the township road dept.

I said to hell with the shovel, that's too much like real work - put the jeep in 4WD & drove to town.   

Maybe it will warm and melt today - in any case we are going back to PR in a couple weeks!  Need to work on my faded tan.

Had a rough night  here in Humacao, PR.  It rained  on the annual golf cart parade and the temperature dipped into the seventies.

I hate it when they plow me in multiple times in a day. But it is clear now and the temperature raised and rain has melted some of the snow in the yard.

Cant wait to get out of here.

Sitka are you leaving your property in PR unattended while you visit CT?

frogrock wrote:

Had a rough night  here in Humacao, PR.  It rained  on the annual golf cart parade and the temperature dipped into the seventies.

Yea 70's is hard to take in PR, one has to dust off the sweaters and rain coat.

I saw some of the photos posted in FB, looks like a blast other than the rain. Can you get a DWI while driving in a Golf Cart?

Hi Rey,

We have a local friend living in our place in Hatillo when we are traveling or back in CT for awhile.  He is a surfer, loves the beach,  and is our caretaker for the property.

Leaving a house unoccupied would be an invitation for trouble I think.   We have a security system now, but nothing is better that on site "boots on the ground."

Why don't you give me a shout when you are in the area, we would love to visit!  and the wife makes a great Mojito!    Send a PM my info.

Here in southern Texas it is 22 degrees and windy. I knew we didn't move far enough south back in 2008!
We hope to remedy that as soon as possible. In a couple of weeks I will be in PR searching for our next plot of land to turn into home.

ReyP if you need any software for your weather machine, please let me write it. That way I can make sure it doesn't snow on us when we get down there!

Great idea Sitka to get a friend to house sit for you.

Hey Bkettren, back in the 80's I was the local Army recruiter in Brownsville TX. I don't recall any snow but it got to the 30's once in a while but mostly 50's in winter. Anything below 73 is too cold for me. By the way no backdoors in the code. But we can add selective zoning to have it snow in properties we want to buy.  :cool:

ReyP,

Now that's a good idea! That would motivate the sellers!

About the code......Once upon a time, in a past life when I had a 9 to 5 job, I used to use a custom set of Kewl Tools I put together on Linux.....there is always a way in.

I am a security person and developer. Very good at finding vulnerabilities and backdoors. I am a Penetration Tester that specializes on application level vulnerabilities. I use Kali Linux which has a lot of tools to find them.

ReyP wrote:

Shoveling snow today, back hurts and you guys are working on your tan. I'll get my revenge and make it snow in PR as soon as I get my weather making machine finished.

I want a piece of Lechón!

I did the same, then hauled wood today.. Then checked the weather down there..
Things are going to change!

LOL!

frogrock wrote:

LOL! Oh what you have to deal with.. LOL!

Hey it takes a while to learn to do things tomorrow instead of today and you don't want it to rain on your Rum drink, laying on a hammock while having a drink listening to the waves and birds is hard work.

It's been rainy in Rio Grande, but mostly at night.  December weather on the island is perfect...not too hot or cold.  AC has been off all month. In terms of seasons down here, I would say it's the "white gringa on the beach burning to a crisp" season, or the "my flight got cancelled going back, can I stay one more night" season.

melendezki wrote:

It's been rainy in Rio Grande, but mostly at night.  December weather on the island is perfect...not too hot or cold.  AC has been off all month. In terms of seasons down here, I would say it's the "white gringa on the beach burning to a crisp" season, or the "my flight got cancelled going back, can I stay one more night" season.

Me miss you Kim, we have not seen you in a while. Be careful you don't burn and when your guests stay a day extra I guess is extra money unless it is another guest turn. You guys done a lot to your place I been following in FB and the place looks great and all the photos from your trips around the island. Great job.

We got in last night. Weather is perfect! Now to work on the tan and the drinking!

adlin20 wrote:

We got in last night. Weather is perfect! Now to work on the tan and the drinking!

Leave some Lechón in Guavate for others.
During the holidays in PR I put a pound a day and takes me all year to get rid of half. 2018 will be here soon then you can work on the tan and the drinking in a permanent basis.

ReyP wrote:
adlin20 wrote:

Leave some Lechón in Guavate for others.
During the holidays in PR I put a pound a day and takes me all year to get rid of half. 2018 will be here soon then you can work on the tan and the drinking in a permanent basis.

I'm not a fan of Guavate, I prefer the local lechonera in my town. I like to promote the local guy. I am already working on that pound a day! Got a local guy delivering some pork meat today from a pig he killed yesterday and already talking to a guy regarding some jueyes. Next some coquito and a stop at the bakery for some pan sobao!!  :D

We are going to have to roll you around like a blueberry with all that food :lol:

At my great grand mother house in Pueblito Del Río in Las Piedras we used to kill a Lechón every Christmas and give some of the meat to the neighbors, we would hang small strips to air dry and fry later, made some morcillas for which as a kid I was in charge of collecting the blood. Other times we would give some money to a local and a bottle of rum for him to watch and turn the pig while it roasted. Those were the days, I wish they come back again, but it may be up to me to bring the family together and revive the customs one day. I miss it.

adlin20 wrote:

Just rub it in!  ;)

Mental note: when construing the house build a shack to put a Lechónera so we don't get wet while roasting the pig and drink all the rum.

It was -11 this morning, wowser!  Can't wait to get to back to PR in Feb. :)

Brrrrrrr

Schuttzie wrote:

It was -11 this morning, wowser!  Can't wait to get to back to PR in Feb. :)

I took my PhD in Dekalb, IL.  Once, back in the mid-90s, the temperature dropped to -80 with the wind chill.  The weatherman said that "exposed skin will freeze in 30 seconds."  Let me tell you, that was quite the incentive to get my dissertation done!

Virginia has much better weather, though the winter is often 35 degrees and rainy.  Very grey days.

Can't wait to hang all this up and head to the island.  I guess I can tough it out for a few more years...

Well it's freezing in NY and CT, Texas etc, well..... that's what I heard on the radio while sipping from a bottle of medalla and snacking on a piece of lechon  under the gazebo out of the sun while listening to El gran combo and Richie Rey and Bobby Cruz on the radio, haha, I'm sorry that's a little mean .

ReyP wrote:

Yea 70's is hard to take in PR, one has to dust off the sweaters and rain coat.

We're wearing long pants and socks early in the AM and at night. Brrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!! :D

curarico wrote:

Well it's freezing in NY and CT, Texas etc, well..... that's what I heard on the radio while sipping from a bottle of medalla and snacking on a piece of lechon  under the gazebo out of the sun while listening to El gran combo and Richie Rey and Bobby Cruz on the radio, haha, I'm sorry that's a little mean .

I wish I could join you.