Indian student Traveling for Christmas to Spain

Hello, I'm a female student from India in the university of la Sapienza in Rome. I've been living for every six months in different countries since last year. First semester in Portugal, second in Greece and now in Rome.
My Portuguese residence permit expired in the end of November while i had already applied in October and now I got to know that I'll get the permesso di sojourno in February possibly.
I already booked flight tickets to visit my boyfriend in Spain for Christmas and new year since it's the most important time of the year for him. I've my receipt of permesso, old expired Portuguese residence permit and my passport. So I thought I would be able to travel but the people at the immigration office told me (after chatting with each other) that I cannot travel. Is there any way I can take my flight because I've paid a good sum for the tickets and obviously I don't want to spend Christmas and new year alone in my house? If anybody knows any solution like a temporary travel permit or anything that I need kindly suggest. It's not our fault that Italian bureaucracy is too slow. I've already asked almost all authorities none of whom seem to be able to give proper answers.
I've the proof too that I'm a regular student at the university plus fiscal code and every other document as well.

Hello friends Good evening? Please I have Italian refugees document issues by Italy with UN passport can I visit Scotland without a visa because some people in Italy are saying that Scotland is not under European Union county anymore. Saying they left with UK. So I need good answer from a straight person because some people are very lying.

Hi,

You should be able to travel inside Europe with your receipt. Anyways, no one should interrupt your trips while traveling inside the Union. There is no need to stamp passport or show any types of visas at the other airports. Now, I understand you can also travel outside the Union with the receipt but I would not try that until getting the permission di sogiorno. Hope that helps.

No, you can't.