Which area to live in Jakarta

Hi there,
I'm moving to Jakarta next week, and was wondering about which area to live in... I'm going to be teaching, and I'd like to live in in a lively area that's not too far out... I hear south jakarta is nice, but is it affordable?
How are you finding life in Jakarta so far?
Thanks for your replies!!

Depends on your lifestyle. Pondok Indah in Southern Jakarta is quite high class for most Indonesian people. If not you can go to Pejaten area . Most expats usually stay near or within Kemang area.

South Jakarta is pretty expensive, but depends on which area, like Chrans said Pondok Indah is for high-class people, but there's still bunch of cheaper place there..and south jkt is close to everywhere, n sometimes less traffic. If u want some fun just go to Kemang, lots of expatriates there..! :)

hi, welcome to jakarta. It depends on the area. Where r you going to teach? I am also an english teacher at formal school. It's better for you to stay near ur workplace to avoid bad traffic. Cheers

Hai Maroubra...
Welcome to Jakarta, South jakarta is pretty good places to live specialy in Kemang so many Places to go for there such club,restaurant,malls and fitness club. fortunately I just have searches for place to living also in those area.

There is many choices actually you can rent a room for start to 200$ up to 500$ (USD) per/months and with this price you can get a very nice room in a lux house with a good facility it called Kost in Indonesia (it's like a Guest House).

And Last Week I just check a very good Town House (FullFurnished) 4 Rooms only for 1,600$/Months it's a very good price.with all the facilities)

if you need more informations please feel free to email (Deleted Since after I put Lots of Spam) will happy to help.

CIAO..
Arum
(PS: am not a Broker, lucky I just Looking a house in Kemang (South Area) so I have searched and find quite interesting house this view Months)