Whats the life as an expat in Hail, Saudi Arabia?

Hi Skk,

Hope you are doing fine you can guide rest of the group on these questions as well to be prepared in case.

1) what documents did you receive from Saudi Uni required for further process in PAK?

2) Police certificate required? attested also (MFOA)?

3) Is medical test also to be done before all this? attested also (MFOA)?

4) Which agent did you use and what location LHR or ISB and what costs?

5) How to contact SCO in PAK and whom to contact?

6) Who applied for a visa (yourself) or agent can be used? if yes which one?

7) If the Ph.D. is done on a fellowship does it require the original letter or a copy(just to be clear)

Hopefully, you can answer whatever you know or feel comfortable in sharing cheers

GuvJZ wrote:

1) what documents did you receive from Saudi Uni required for further process in PAK?

I received an email from them. It included my visa number. They asked me to contact SCO for further processing of case. When I contacted SCO, they asked me for visa/attestation letter from employer. I contacted Uni, they immediately sent me the letter by email which I forwarded to SCO. A day later, SCO called me and asked me to submit documents to agent for attestation.

GuvJZ wrote:

2) Police certificate required? attested also (MFOA)?

No.

GuvJZ wrote:

3) Is medical test also to be done before all this? attested also (MFOA)?

No. Only to be done after visa stamping. No idea about attestation. But unlikely, as it is done through their approved medical centre.

GuvJZ wrote:

4) Which agent did you use and what location LHR or ISB and what costs?

I used United Enterprise in Laraib centre, G9 Markaz, Islamabad. As already notified officially by SCO, the fee is PKR 1200 for SCO attestation. The agents told me that I'll have to pay PKR 2500 later on when the documents will be attested by the Saudi Embassy.

GuvJZ wrote:

5) How to contact SCO in PAK and whom to contact?

I usually contact a guy named Mushtaq who works at SCO, Islamabad. His phone number is: 03361104179.

GuvJZ wrote:

6) Who applied for a visa (yourself) or agent can be used? if yes which one?

The agent will submit passport to the Saudi Embassy, Islamabad for visa stamping and attestation once he receives my attested documents from SCO.

GuvJZ wrote:

7) If the Ph.D. is done on a fellowship does it require the original letter or a copy(just to be clear)

I simply looked for my bursary letter in my old emails and printed it out in colour.

Thanks man, best of luck with your documentation. :)

Hello Doctors,

Did you receive your visa?

Not yet

nothing and no information, has anyone got any response or any info from UOH? any way to contact hr?

I emailed the college of nursing and HR but they did not respond yet. I also send a message to an employee in the college who is my friend in facebook. He told me to wait. He assured me that the offer letter will be honored by the university. Hoping we receive news by this week.

yeah well its getting very late and the visa process and all the attestation is a bit dodgy so earlier is better you should stay in contact with the employee and update because i think everyone will get the docs at the same time I hope.

Yeah. The attestation is a long process indeed, and here in the Philippines, there are a lot more paper works to accomplish. I am also a bit worried if I can do that in a month time,

Hello Dr!
I just received visa letter.

that's good news congratz. when exactly did you receive it?

Just now

Congratulations..!

Its a good news. Hope we all can recieve the letter soon!!

Did the email came from the HR office?

Dear Dr!
Yes email came from HR office.

Thanks Dr. Congratulations. Hope we receive ours too and hope to see you all there.

Thank you very much! I hope you will get soon. The email came from DFA. plz check your junk emails

Hello doctor congraduation Can you please give me the mail adresse of DFA

its the same address you got your initial offer letter from, i emailed them but no response. Did anyone else got visa letter?

Did u get visa letter from UOH?

Hi SKK!
Plz guide me about agent in Karachi. I tried but couldnt find. I got letter a few days ago.
Thank you,

HI guys today i got my letter from dfa they have sent the required authorization to sco also. If anyone of u haven't yet recived it i suggest you send dfa an email and cc the department head for which u applied. I think it expedites the process other wise they might not send it. Best of luck

How is that Doctor?

Well its just my opnion, that its better to be proactive and send the email to head and dfa, just worked for me, thats it

Thanks Doctor, I just sent an email to the DFA. Hope to get a positive response from them.

You are welcome, best of luck

raguelmoon wrote:

Hi SKK!
Plz guide me about agent in Karachi. I tried but couldnt find. I got letter a few days ago.
Thank you,

Dear Raguelmoon,

I am sorry, I don't have any idea about it as I live in Peshawar.

GuvJZ wrote:

HI guys today i got my letter from dfa they have sent the required authorization to sco also. If anyone of u haven't yet recived it i suggest you send dfa an email and cc the department head for which u applied. I think it expedites the process other wise they might not send it. Best of luck

Congratulations!

raguelmoon wrote:

Hello Dr!
I just received visa letter.

Congratulations!

thanks bud SKK

Congratulation ! I hope we receive soon all of us the visa letters

Dear all,

Just an update on the progress of my document attestation from SCO Islamabad.

Today, after nearly two weeks of documents submission, I called SCO Islamabad and asked them about the status of my documents attestation. They told me that since I have completed my PhD from a UK university, I need to apply for the verification of my original UK degree through Saudi Arabia Culture Bureau UK (UKSACB) website: https://attestation.uksacb.org/home. So, I have just submitted my documents to UKSACB for attestation.

For the above attestation, the following documents (in PDF format) are required:
1. Passport
2. Consent Letter (template available on UKSACB website)
3. Employer Letter
4. Degree to be attested.

So, anyone with a UK degree, please start this process as soon as you receive your visa letter.

Best,
SKK

Ooop so lengthy process. My degree is from China. How about that? It looks we couldnt join the university on 1st September!!! Isn't it?
Today I contacted eitehad office in karachi for visa they told me that your visa is direct and no need of agent. You first get degree attestation and then apply for visa. Is he right?

Everything looks very tough business.
Any other members got the letter?
I am still waiting for their response.

It will depend on the process they are requiring specially the attestation. It is indeed a lengthy process.

Once the visa is in the attaché's office, once you are done with the attestation and medical exam you can fly any time.

Here in the Philippines, I have with me my required documents already, I will just have to undergo the medical exam and some orientations.

Unfortunately, I have not been notified yet about my visa.

Hello Doctors. Any update about your visa?

Hello Drs,
Not yet, I think it's too late for achieving the visa process
maybe they will not consider all contracts for this year

I just received an email stating that they did not received the offer letter that I signed.

Now, I do not know if the job offer letter they send to me was legit.

This is frustrating!

Hello Dr llegojordan,
it's weird behavior! I don't appreciate it

I believe, i will not make it on september. I am looking for options.