This is Boon from Sydney and hope everybody is doing well in Hail, Saudi Arabia.
I have been offered an assistant professorship at the University of Hail, Saudi Arabia for a year. I am just wondering if you will be happy to provide some insightful info as an expat
I have compiled a list of questions so if you do not mind to help out a little:
1. weather? culture? people? architecture? food?
2. My position will be assistant professor and based on my understanding, will be entitled a one bedroom apartment without sharing? How’s the size of the apartment? Do they have what we need? (Oven, fridge, dryer and washing machine)
3. Am a single male so would be keen to know if there would be any potentials around? How do they see expats?
4. How big is the university? Are there many expats living there? What nationalities generally?
5. What about the cost of living in Hail, just wonder if you could give me a few examples like how much you paid in Europe/Australia in comparisons to Hail?
6. Do expats date expats?
7. Do you feel the isolation?
8. I heard that expats generally work there for a year and then leave, so wonder if thats the case? I am hesitant to do that so work condition is crucial for me.
10. Do they have Chinese/Japanese food over there? I only take pork and chicken, just wonder if they are widely available in a muslim country.