Thinking About Starting Anew In Hawaii, Do I Or Don't I.

It has always been a dream of mine to run off to an island & just start fresh. Once school is done for me I plan on moving to a tropical destination for maybe a year, to ground myself & to gain a better perspective on life. Would Hawaii be the place to do it?

Hi KristinnnH,

I too have dreamed about moving to Hawaii. I like to do an internet search about specific cities and towns throughout Hawaii and the search engine will bring me some options. After sifting through all of the touristy sites that tell me about resorts and local attractions, I can usually find a good blog that was posted about daily life. If you are unsure about the exact location you want to aim for, these blogs may help to give you a more realistic viewpoint for your options.

I've lived on Maui all my life,in Lahaina. It's expensive.You have to shop for food by checking the weekly insert.There is a bus system costs 2.00 for a day pass.For work,hotels pay best and have good benefits.Starwood/Hyatt/Diamond resorts.etc.
Hawaii is beautiful and peaceful in most places(not Waikiki)People are nice.But,a lot of people here work 2 jobs to survive.Rent is not cheap.At least 1,000/mo for a 1bdrm apt.
Gas is highest in the US.I don't want to discourage you but that's the reality.
It can be done,Hope this helps.

Hawaii is such a paradise!! me too dreaming to live there one day... *sigh*