Living in Switzerland

You are living in Switzerland, or you used to live in Switzerland.

Share your experience!

How would you describe life in Switzerland?

Has it been complicated to settle down, to find an accommodation and a job?

Is it complicated to make friends in Switzerland?

What would you recommend to people who would like to live in Switzerland?

Thanks in advance for your participation

Hi,

Did you ever get any response?,,are you living there now?
I am considering moving there and would like to know other people's opinion,,,

Hey why is this post empty. I, too, am planning to move there soon but perhaps just not based on the information I get here ;-)

Hi,

I was in another forum yesterday and everybody seen to be depressed and didnt like it living there at all,,,,

I think I wont take the job there and I'll look for another one somewhere else...

Would you like to share with me this forum that you were browsing? I was in Switzerland last year for Christmas and New Year 2009 and I am loving the country. That is why I want to try looking for a job in Swiss :-)

here you have it:

http://www.justlanded.com/english/Switz … witzerland

So did you get to meet people easily there?

so what do you think?

ah, just received this notification in my inbox and will browse it when i get back home. i am still at work, the time is 1910 in Malaysia now :-)

Thanks for this link!

hi everyone.  i have a cultural question.  i lived in suisse romande for four years and have since moved back to the states.  my time spend there made a huge impression on me and my only life goal at this point is to return and live there once again. im concidering getting a small tattoo of the swiss flag as a form of motivation to reach my goal of earning the means to get back to switzerland.  in recent discussion with a swiss german he told me that in switzerland if you have such a tattoo, you might as well shave your head and join the SVP.  is this kind of display really taken so harshly by the swiss in general, or was this just one man's view of it?

77m wrote:

so what do you think?

I think that the views are quite a mix between positive and negative; which is expected if you are an foreigner living in a new place. The keyword is I guess: Stay positive and keep on smiling! :-)

But I will update this again as soon as I move there and find a job! :-D Hehe