Good Schools in Salalah

Hi All!

I am new to this website and to Oman. I am a British teacher working here and have brought my family along with me. Could anyone be kind enough to tell me what primary schools are actually good and have a good reputation for pupils' learning.

I have previously enrolled my children( aged 8 and 4) in a School  and they charged me a lot of money for fees and registration  (which I didn't get reimbursed either) and my children were just reading books all day and told to be quiet. The teachers were not licensed and were merely taken on because they were of foreign nationality.

If anyone is in my situation please advise me further on what Schools I should be aiming for and should  opt to see.

Thank you, in advance
Ruby

Hi All,

Im looking for the best school in Salalah for my kid. We are an spanish familly.

Hello!,

We are going to move to Salalah on September and We are looking for a school for our kid. Which one is the best? thanks for your help

hi
there is british school
http://www.britishschoolsalalah.org/index.html
+968​ 23235242
[email protected]
and also Salalah International School
Telephone: 92697931 / 98064700 or Email: [email protected]
i hope you all the best

Hello Carmen,
We are also a Spanish family moving to Salalah. My family is still in Spain and I am in Salalah trying to sort everything out.
Today I visited the British school and the Pioners school, both ones small and familiar schools.

British Schools tipically has two teachers per class, one native english speaker and one no-native. I do not think all the native teachers are british/american/australian. It was hard to contact them, they do not answer the phone calls (at least the number that appears in the website), no answer either when I tried by email. So now I am in Salalah and finally I visited.
They takes kids starting from 4 years old, they said also they can take younger kids if they are completely autonomous in regard to going to the bathroom.

By the way the Pioners school has no-native english speakers, tipically from India. They take kids starting from 2 years old

I am going to visit very soon also the Salalah International school and World School.

Looks like we can help each other, contact me if you need anything.
Thanks.

Another thing I forgot.

At the British Sch I was told they start September 1 st. At Pioners is August 20 th.
In all the cases you need the Oman ID card, it implies residence visa.