STIGMAZATION OF FOREIGNERS

hİ,
My name is Gerald and new in expat.com. I am an African American. How do we alleviate stigmazation in our place of work by our Turkish employers and colleagues?

You're going to have a fun time trying to do that.

Regardless of the truth, rights and wrongs, the Turkish government and, according to local media, many Turkish citizens are blaming America for the coup attempt.

Whilst I take whatever any politician or newspaper says with more than a little pinch of salt, many people read and believe without the slightest consideration of the truth, or the thought individual Americans probably have no interest in politics anyway.

I think your only hope is to try to talk to them, assuring them you have nothing to do with politics and have no ill intent to turkey or its people.

The other possibility is the silly head of racism, or perhaps a combination of the two.
Racism is always a tough one as those who believe skin colour makes a difference to who a person is must be a bit stupid to start with, thus  are hard to talk to at all.

Thanks and really agree with your line of thought. I have to keep going because ''when the going gets tough only the tough can keep going''.

Hi Gerald,
Welcome to Turkiye

There is no racism over here
Human is human ain't it?There is no discrimination in our beliefs

Dont be prejudice about being stigmazationised and effected by racism because your not either in states or in europe
You are in Turkiye!

We welcome,care and respect foreigners thats our culture

You ll see&like it in the near future

Just keep calm and carry on with your work
enjoy the history  and the beauty of the land

Respect

Hi Londonist,
Thanks for atleast taking pain to reply and also to have used this medium to encourage me. Looking forward to better days ahead.
Regards.