Car accident and insurance

I had a car accident around 3 weeks back. I was taking a u-turn and as i was about to complete the u turn bang i was hit by a car of a Bahraini girl in her 20s. The time was around 12.30am and not much people were around. Immediately i checked on my wife and infant son who were sitting behind and then came out of my car to look at what happened. My car was badly damaged and cannot be moved and girls car as well. But all were ok.

I immediately call police and then later girls parents arrived at the scene and started apologizing for the girls mistake. When the police arrived at the scene the girl and her parents completely took a u turn then explained that there signal was opened and i have hit them. I was disgusted and disappointed and explained to the police the manner of incident. Unfortunately there was no camera around and therefore traffic police said you both are not accepting mistake so we have to refer your case to Isa town for further investigation.

Now next day we went there and explained the whole scenario again and they noted down and said we will investigate the case and will let you know because the case is for jumping the signal and will incur fine. Now it has been 3 weeks and still undecided. i visited them every next day but they kept on saying that they have not decided.

I heard that i cannot repair my car unless i received a police report as insurance company would not accept any repair without police report. I have full comprehensive insurance. I have also heard that the case may take months to decide upon.

I want to know what should i do next. If i repaired my car from my pocket will insurance company will reimburse me the repair cost once the case is decided.

Did anybody experience such scenario before? I normally heard that traffic police normally has a quick turnaround time but is it unusual in my case.