Christmas eve traditional Norwegian meal

Are there any restaurant in HCMC, serving "ribbe og pølse" pork+sausage on christmas eve? This is a traditional norwegian meal for this special day. Anyone that knows of such a restaurant?

If not, I will enjoy the local cuisine 😁

PG

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Advertising! Please register in the business directory
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hei Pege, jeg vil gjerne "Pinnekjøtt" men jeg vet ikke i Saigon. If I know about  "ribbe og pølse", I will let you know.
Vi snakkes.

Jahid

Hello Jahid, thank you.
Pinnekjøtt is a great option as well.
Where can this be served?

PG

Hello again,
I have asked my Vietnamese friends about these two dishes, so hope you will have a traditional xmas dinner in HCMC. Velkommen!

Hello Pege,
It looks like my Vietnamese friends do not even know such dishes! But a Thai friend that I have studied and known from Norway, told me you can go to Krabi Thailand. There are many Norwegian restaurants there. Not sure if they will do pinnekjøtt, but sure they can do ribbe. Which way do you prefer? Stay in HCM or take a flight to Krabi prior to the Xmas day?

Thank you for help Jahid, I will stay in HCMC and enjoy the local cuisine. I look forward to that as well.

Great! I will stay in HCMC during this time, if you want I can show you a bit of city and most importantly popular drinking place in HCMC.
Have a nice trip to Vietnam!

Is something similar works for you? Norwegian and Danish seem have things in common :))

Yes, that is true. Do you know any danish restaurants in Sai Gon?

It would be StormP bar restaurant at 5B Nguyen Sieu street, district 1. Klaus, the owner is a friend of mine. He plays a lot of golf too :)

Ngan Khanh wrote:

It would be StormP bar restaurant at 5B Nguyen Sieu street, district 1. Klaus, the owner is a friend of mine. He plays a lot of golf too :)

That is good information for me, I will pay StormP a visit:) thank you

Thanks Ngan Khan! I would like to visit a day to check if I can have Pinnekjøtt :)

If you can find that restaurant pls tell me.
I had been I Oslo for two years. So want to try that nowgian traditional this Christmas 😆😆😆😆

Hello Huyen, yes I am kinda ask them about it tomorrow. Lets hope they make such delicious dishes her..

JahidPartner wrote:

Hello Huyen, yes I am kinda ask them about it tomorrow. Lets hope they make such delicious dishes her..

It will be interesting know what you find out. But dont get your hopes up, it is a danish restaurant, and they probably doesnt know what pinnekjøtt is.

@PEGE hei Pege do you know any place that you would celebrate traditional  Christmas in Norwegian style? I've got  a norwegian friend in Ho chi Minh city and he've been missing nordic Christmas eve so much.

Thank you for your information.

Mvh,

Phuong

@PEGE hei Pege do you know any place that you would celebrate traditional Christmas in Norwegian style? I've got a norwegian friend in Ho chi Minh city and he've been missing nordic Christmas eve so much.
Mvh,
Phuong
-@merobin2019

Hi,

If you check the date @PEGE posted 2016 and hasnt posted since. Chances are they no longer check the forum.

Maybe best option is start a new thread and ask if anyone has any current info.

@PEGE hei Pege do you know any place that you would celebrate traditional Christmas in Norwegian style? I've got a norwegian friend in Ho chi Minh city and he've been missing nordic Christmas eve so much.
Mvh,
Phuong
-@merobin2019

PEGE last posted to this thread and the forum in 2016.

Extremely unlikely you will receive a reply.

If this is a very important subject for you, please consider starting a brand new thread for the topic on the Vietnam forum.

Cheers!