EP Approval process

Hey Expats,

Company has applied EP and the same has been approved by MY embassy. However, I need to get single entry Visa to enter Malaysia by visiting the centers in India.
                                                 I've reached out to the Consulate Office, Chennai and as per the telephonic conversation I need to pay 5600 INR as an application fee for Single entry Visa. However, some of my friends who have already been in MY, get this single entry Visa without any application fee. Is this the new procedure by Malaysian Embassy? Can someone clarify the process?

You can get on arrival visa here on arrival valid for a week which should be more than sufficient for you to get  EP stamp on your passport.

Hi Akilesh,

Yes, there is a change in Visa charges to Malaysia. It is now Rs. 5600 in total. And we cannot apply directly at the MY consulate, Chennai. We have to go via VFS only.

1. Once your EP is approved, you will be provided a letter from MDEC (your employer will provide you this.)
2. Go to VFS office Submit this letter, along with your original passport, its photocopy and photograph ( Check: http://www.vfsglobal.com/malaysia/india … tions.html)
3. You will get your Single Entry visa stamped in a week's time.
4. Now you can travel to Malaysia
5. Once you reach MY, you need to submit your passport to your employer for the Work Visa endorsement (Stage II)

This is the standard or regular procedure here in MY

Hope this helps

Regards,
SK

Hey SK,

Thanks for writing in!

QQ: Is this 5600 INR application fee is only for single entry visa, and there will separate fee for endorsing the work Visa once I reach MY ?

Best,
Krishna

Your employer will take care of the Work Visa fees.  Make sure you have it in writing.

As I joined via Agency, I paid only my Single entry visa charges and the other fees were borne by the Agency.

Regards,
SK