A cheap room in Phnom Penh

Hey guys. Could tell me please where can I get a room for around 50-100$ per month? I can't afford something expensive. Thanks a lot.

Hi Alex,

I suggest you drop an advert in the Rooms for rent in Phnom Penh section of the website so that you may get some offers.

All the best,
Bhavna

Hey I can help you
Because, I'm a Cambodian people and I live in Phnom Penh.
If you interested you can contact me *

Moderated by Christine 7 years ago
Reason : please share your contact details via pm. Thank you

You could try Tuol Sengkai district, just north-northwest of the bridge (about 7-10 minutes by moto to Riverside. Mostly Khmer residents. The barang-dominated areas will probably be well out of your budget. Good luck.

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : If you are proposing accommodation, please do so in the proper section : Housing in Phnom Penh
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi, As you are cambodgia, i ask you one thing, do you known how to get a certificat of residence, because I want to open an account bank, but the banker needs to have this residence certificate( adress). Of course, I pay for this service. Thank you.

meidine wrote:

Hi, As you are cambodgia, i ask you one thing, do you known how to get a certificat of residence, because I want to open an account bank, but the banker needs to have this residence certificate( adress). Of course, I pay for this service. Thank you.

Hi,

Probably all depends of where you try to obtain the document.

My recent own experienceere in Kep : central police station, immigration office, 15$, two pictures, copy of legal rent contract, obviously passport with EB or ER EOS.

Cheers,
Marcelo

Marcelo is right but it might not be necessary to have a certificate.

Banks ask for a proof of residence, and that is your rental contract.

So take your rental contract with you to the bank and open a bank account.

If they need a real certificate, then follow the steps Marcelo has pointed out.

Good luck.

Joe
Cambodia expat-advisor
Expat.com team

thank you for the answer.

:thanks: