Visiting in april

Hi all, I will be in Saudi in April for two weeks - I want to apply for work when I am there, either as an esl teacher (I have a masters in TESOL and 3 years teaching experience), or something to do with social work (I have a masters in social work as well). Any tips or suggestions?

I should also mention I am open to moving anywhere in Saudi, I'm not set on one particular place. :)

First of all i want to say think twice before set in Saudi Arabia. cos here life is totally different then Canada, but its also true that you will earn a good money here.

Most of the negative English Speakers are working here as a English Teacher in Princess Noora University. its one of the biggest girls university in this Gulf religion. please find below the link for more information.

http://www.pnu.edu.sa/en/Admission/Page … ships.aspx

i am also working in a Technical Trainers College as a Coordinator Dean's office. but its a male college. however, we have one female branch in Qatif. if you are interested i can provide you the contact details of the Dean. so you can try your luck.

Kind regards.

Faisal.

If you are wanting to work in Saudi then you need to apply for jobs before you come in April. I know schools in Jeddah are already out on recruiting trips for teachers for next year.

Plus the visa process is long and drawn out. If you don't apply till April it may mean you are not hired till July which is doubtful that you would than have your visa and be in country before the start of the school year.

Also before considering a career please look through this blog and the posts about teaching in Saudi as well as Dave's ESL Cafe. There is a lot of information you need to know including what as a female you are not allowed to do.

First of all, what visa are you coming to Saudi on? Business? Visit? dependent?

If on visit you can apply for jobs but the hiring institution will need to issue you the visa later on.

If on dependent visa (spouse) you can transfer to their sponsorship after.

Faisal.shamas wrote:

First of all i want to say think twice before set in Saudi Arabia. cos here life is totally different then Canada, but its also true that you will earn a good money here.

Most of the negative English Speakers are working here as a English Teacher in Princess Noora University. its one of the biggest girls university in this Gulf religion. please find below the link for more information.

Faisal.

Princess Nora University is a really stressful place to work and they treat the foreign teachers badly. Plus salaries are low and there's a huge workload. You should check out the reviews of PNU before applying and talk to teachers who work there.

do you have knowledge or experience about marketing for law firms?