Family Joining Visa for My Child

dear all.......
          I am working as an Engineer in Muscat, my wife is also working as pharmacist here. i am facing a problem to get a visa for my son (he is in India now), because my profession not as an engineer in labor card, it  is still a labor profession. tried to change my profession but not happened.  can any one please advice me how to get visa for my son?

Hi naufalsha,

Employees pay the price for the misdemeanors of their employers, when systems are not followed as prescribed.

Your problem is not uncommon. Employers get employees on-board on whatever visa clearance that they might have. But when privileges and benefits are concerned, the employee would be weighed and evaluated exactly as per whatever he / she is eligible as per the designation mentioned in the resident card.

The employee would face one too many disadvantages on account of this incorrect designation mention in the resident card.

In your case, you can at best insist that your employer corrects the erroneous information on your resident card and make all necessary arrangements to bring your child over.

If your employer does not possess a labour clearance for an Engineer's visa from the Ministry of Manpower, then obviously they would not be able to change your designation.

As plan B, you could also check if your wife would be able to sponsor your child.