International community for expatriate

Hello Friends,
I have started an international community under Rotaract club . which is only for expatriate in Mauritius. ( FOR YOUTH IN AGE GROUP 18 TO 30)
where we can carry out many different activities. the motive behind the starting this community is to gather all the expatiate in Mauritius .
so we can share our experience in business, in our professional and social life,
and even to facilitate new people to settle in new country .
even we will appreciate if any one want to suggest some new ideas,
and some new activities . so if you are  interested to join us then let me know.

Harshal,

Great idea!

I will be new to Mauritius in Feb so will be looking to meet up with other expats

Paul

Dear paul,

it will be really very helpful and entertaining to all of us.

so be in touch .. and i will also keep you update.

Harshal.

Hi Harshal Taru,

That sound a really great idea,Rotaract club is just a wonderful organization. I used to be a member of the Lions Club in the UK.

Best Wishes with your good work

Joe

Nice initiative ... but I'm already too old to participate :D

Why is there an age limit? :P

Julien  >   if  you are really interested then  we can accept some   exception also..as it is you have lot of experience of such a activities ..so it will be nice if you guide  us...

alisa   >  as i just clear with julien ...if any member is interested to join then we can keep some exceptions.. so no worries.

Joe  > Thanx a lot for the best wishes ..really appreciate your encouragement ..

Dear Friends,
there is a new Group on facebook for international community of expatriate.
you can join it to be updated  and to be in touch with other members. here is the link.
facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_178755948829357&ap=1

Thank you,
Harshal

alisa_ram wrote:

I dint know WE both had crossed the age limit on this one :P
So hansa, wy art thy worried?!! :P:P:P

Harshal,

I reckon you'll get a lot more interest if you raise the age limit

Idea seems to be well received

I'm slightly over 30 :)

musheer wrote:
alisa_ram wrote:

I dint know WE both had crossed the age limit on this one :P
So hansa, wy art thy worried?!! :P:P:P

Nope indeed, we are still in the safe limit, but the question was not for me! :cool:

what are the activities involved???

zeina wrote:

various activities like cultural exchange, formal and informal gatherings ( parties ), some community based project with help of rotaract club of quatre bornes. outings...and many more ....

Paul Donaghy wrote:

Harshal,

I reckon you'll get a lot more interest if you raise the age limit

Idea seems to be well received

I'm slightly over 30 :)

paul,
this age limit is set by the organisation named  rotaract international..as we having community under rotaract club of quatre bornes..so we need to follow the norms set by rotaract international. but  if members are interested  to participate then age limit is not a big issue.
so no worries ....:)

Harshal

I'll just buy a fake passport - i look 30 anyway :D

Paul Donaghy wrote:

Harshal

I'll just buy a fake passport - i look 30 anyway :D

:D.....no need  of fake passport..if you cross 30 still you can be a member ;)

Harshal Taru wrote:
zeina wrote:

various activities like cultural exchange, formal and informal gatherings ( parties ), some community based project with help of rotaract club of quatre bornes. outings...and many more ....

Sounds interesting.. we would love to join, me and Roger (not the royal we), and we are also "slightly" over 30.. aren't we Paul..:)

Mariam A wrote:
Harshal Taru wrote:
zeina wrote:

Sounds interesting.. we would love to join, me and Roger (not the royal we), and we are also "slightly" over 30.. aren't we Paul..:)

always welcome ...

facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_178755948829357&ap=1

this is the link for the group of international community on facebook...join  it ..so it will be easy to update everyone.

The "funny" detail is that you're kind of recruiting for your community ... inside the Expat.com community ?

Julien wrote:

The "funny" detail is that you're kind of recruiting for your community ... inside the Expat.com community ?

That's what came to mind when I first saw the thread ;)
Like what some do on LinkedIn also.

Well they are a good cause I suppose, I do admire the community involvement and charity work

Joe