Marrying a Tunisian man living in Zurich.. what should i expect?

Hi there, i am a born muslim living in a Westernised non-muslim country. after a couple of years studying in the Arab world, i am now working in a muslim organisation dealing with mainly Islamic-related public enquiries. i have always been independent and at 37years of age, have long forgotten about a yearning to be married until i knew my fiancee. he is special.. very special.

i have my jitters about leaving everything i know and moving to Zurich (and about 2 years later to Tunisia) to be his dutiful wife. i know the requirements of being a wife but being in a stranger's land.. being with a man who is a little different culture wise.. i just needed a little sense of support i guess.

it really doesn't help reading bad vibes about "typical Arab men" online and so i am here asking for somewhat affirmations i guess cuz i don't think i am being fair to my fiancee that there are pre-conceived notions that might have impaired my judgement about this marriage.

my fiancee is a sweet man.. a gentle, good man.. thus i really wonder what is going on online that Tunisian men or any Arab men are getting such a bad rep.

would really love to hear your thoughts. thank you.

Mixed-culture marriages have a hard enough time even when both partners are Caucasian Christians! The reason being cultural differences, many of which surface after the flames have cooled. (Social ways, different values, outside pressures, etc. etc. ) I don't know anything about mixed Muslim marriages - perhaps beliefs and values are strong enough to resist Western false calues. Check out
http://www.binational.ch/ and build up friendships with similar couples.

thank you for your heartfelt reply.. it is simple yet sincere. i will definitely do alot more reading from support sites like the one you mentioned. thank you once again kind Sir.

Yesterday and today there are a lot of reports on radio SRF1 (in German) about binational couples. You can see them and probably listen to a lot of podcasts here: http://www.srf.ch/radio-srf-1/radio-srf … i-kulturen