The holiday season in Nepal

Hello everyone,

Are you about to celebrate the holiday season in Nepal? In many countries and cultures, the festive season is the time for happiness and reunions/gatherings. Is it so in Nepal? How do Nepalese celebrate this very special time of the year?

What about you? Will you spend the holiday season in your host country or in your home country? Will there be expat reunions/celebrations/parties in your region/town/area?

Thank you in advance for sharing!

Priscilla

I see this was posted last year before Christmas. I spend holidays wherever i am. When i lived in Thailand, chiang mai, there was classic Christmas music playing constantly in the malls and christmas decorations were up everywhere to appease the tourists. I LOVED christmas in Pokhara. Very little fanfare with just a few restaurants having special food. So nice not to have to listen to the christmas songs. There is a holiday called Diwali here that is WAY more fun with artistic drawings on the sidewalks to  encourage good fortune and, i think, guide the goddess Lakshmi into the home or place of business.  There is dancing in the streets and it is a fun time around Oct-Nov. Basically, i don't miss western holidays. When in Rome, do as the Romans do.