The holiday season in Malta

Hello everyone,

Are you about to celebrate the holiday season in Malta? In many countries and cultures, the festive season is the time for happiness and reunions/gatherings. Is it so in Malta? How do Maltese celebrate this very special time of the year?

What about you? Will you spend the holiday season in your host country or in your home country? Will there be expat reunions/celebrations/parties in your region/town/area?

Thank you in advance for sharing!

Priscilla

I am going back to the UK to see my kids and grandkids for Xmas for 10 days. I do this every year.

I think like many European countries Malta celebrate more on Christmas Eve unlike the U.K.  when they open their presents, and on
Christmas Day normally go to early morning mass.  On Gozo the majority of restaurants and bars close on Christmas Eve and reopen on Christmas Day or the evening depending whether they are opening for Christmas lunch. 
This will be our fourth Christmas here and the third time we are going out with friends to a local hotel for lunch, which compared to the U.K. is very good value.

Xmas eve is one of the best nights of the year in my experience!

Our first Christmas in Malta and I doubt we will be doing much over the holiday period. Humbug.. :(

Hi Priscilla.

Where can one help those who could do with a bit of cheering up, i.e the homeless elderly and children in need etc.

I'm looking to donate my time over Christmas.

Kind Regards

H

Our first Christmas in Malta too! Although we've lived in Malta for two years, it'll be our first Christmas here.

We went back to England for the first time in twelve years last year, didn't like it, so this year we're staying in Malta. I've got kids, so we just shut the door, open presents, eat, drink and be merry, so we could be absolutely anywhere in the world.

A Malta christmas for us, as this is now our home.There would not be anyone to spend the Celebration with in the UK anyway.
The Christmas decorations are going up in Qawra and Bugibba, so it is already beginning to look quite feastive.