The holiday season in Cambodia

Hello everyone,

Are you about to celebrate the holiday season in Cambodia? In many countries and cultures, the festive season is the time for happiness and reunions/gatherings. Is it so in Cambodia? How do Cambodians celebrate this very special time of the year?

What about you? Will you spend the holiday season in your host country or in your home country? Will there be expat reunions/celebrations/parties in your region/town/area?

Thank you in advance for sharing!

Priscilla

In Cambodia, which is predominantly Buddhist, this month is not.special.  The only holiday that I know of is Human Rights Day and few people honor that.

For me it is just another month.  The chores don't change and the kids need as much love and attention as ever.  The days flow on and into each other until one day resembles any other.  Ironically, in spite of that life is never boring.  And at my age another sunrise is a joyous event.

I will not actually move to Cambodia until July.  I'm in China, so Christmas is not celebrated, beyond we teachers getting together for a Christmas dinner.  No time off from work.