Travel in and out of Malta

Hello,

I have a problem as im supposed to travel to paris the 18 december and come back the 19 january ( going to be with my family), i applied for an e-residence ( for student) which will take 6 to 8 weeks to be issued and i would like to know if i can travel to paris and comeback the 18jan with the e-residence receipt they gave me knowing that the 90 days rules for me if finishing the 29 december. Iam really stressing out and i hope that they will let me comeback the 18 to malta in peace to continue my studies.

Anyone to help me please ?

Hi Haidy22,

Your thread was on the wrong forum, i just moved it to the Malta forum. Hopefully, you will get info soon.

All the best,
Bhavna

Thank you very much ! I hope too 😊

Hi,
As far as I know you can come and go as you please If you are an EU citizen and I assume you are French. As to the e-residency application I understand that you have to arrange to collect your card in person when it's approved which may happen while you are away. Best thing is to pop into their offices in Valletta and ask them.
Ray

I assume your application has gone in as a Third Country National not an EU citizen as your profile says you are Nigerien, so I would certainly check with the Citizenship department.

Ray

Thank you Ray !
Looking forward to see u

To read you actually *

The (e)ID-card can be accepted from the check-in/passport control of EU airports, but a Maltese ID-card ending with an "A" is not considered as a valid travel document. Same for any e-residence papers or ID-card application statements.
Even when it will be accepted departing from Malta, other airports have the right to refuse the ID card and it will be necessary to organize a temporary passport from the respective embassy/authority/immigration office.
When I was working at KM, several times we had non-Maltese passengers stranded on other airports.
It's the foreign authorities/airport who are responsible for identity check, not even the airline.