Housing agents for jakarta selatan

Dear all,

if anyone has any housing agent contacts for studio apartments in Jakarta Selatan, please let me know?

I am looking for areas around Pondoh Indah and Kemang preferably.
but my company budget isn't too high...so please refrain from very high end apartment :)

Agents charge fees, so better not to use one if possible.

Google - rumah disewa <area>

OLX and so on have a lot to look at.

For agent fee mostly is not burden to tenant, owner paid for agent fees. If you suggest him to googling or searching via olx, i think mostly of apartment advertising there is posted by agent.  So don't hesitate to asking help

The agent's fees can be a problem to both, so better not to use them when possible. You tend to get a far better deal talking directly to owners.
Agents are pointless for most expat renters.

Fred wrote:

Agents are pointless for most expat renters.

I didn't know that. Is it really true?

It is. Either companies sort out housing or it's far cheaper to deal directly. An agent offered house came up a few weeks ago at Rp30 million/year, but the owner only wanted 25.
Plenty of other cases if the renter is willing to look around or ask neighbours for the owner's number.

You mean agents always add on to the owners asking price or only sometimes? Can you really find houses so cheap only Rp30 million in Jakarta? Are they nice houses? I heard Ponok Indah has some nice places to stay.

I can't say all do but personal experience tells me it's common.
As I'm not in Jakarta and don't wish to live there I'm unable to comment on prices there.

Personal experience means you have rented many houses in Indonesia in the past?

Were they all in Jakarta or in other places like Bali or Surabaya?

Yes, and looked at a lot whilst searching for the right places.
Agent properties are almost always more costly and I've got better deals when bypassing them.
Agents make money from fees - no agent means no fees.

Fred wrote:

Agents make money from fees - no agent means no fees.

Yes I suppose that makes sense when you think about it.