Moving to bahrain

Hi Everyone,

Im moving to bahrain wit my husband nd 2mths old baby... my husband is an engineer and got job in bahrain wit salary of 600 BHD..
Can someone please help me by telling wat is the cost of living in bahrain...
Is the salary of 600 BHD enough to live in bahrain???
Can there b any saving in this salary????

I'll b very thankfull if someone replies....

Hi,

The salary would be just enough to live. If you are smart, yes, Im sure you would be able to save.

Higher side break up of expenses in your case (2 adults and 1 child) will be:
1. 200 BD for you and your husband (cost per head includes all basic needs)
2. 100 Bd for your child (all child needs, including medicines and other foods)
3. 250-300 on the house rent.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any clarification.

Cheers
Criss

God Bless

considering that yr a family its a lot less that one needs to survive a save..just check if the company is giving accomodation or not..

H many years experience as an engineer does your husband have? What sort of engineer is he? The salary looks quite low if you ask me.

Knut,

Do you mind if I ask what would be considered a good salary in Bahrain?

Thanks

A good salary is a good salary. For me, a good salary means I'm able to save, whats it for you? I am not after expensive villas, branded overpriced loud clothing, ridicolous cars, living in the 'hottest zip code', etc. I do like to enjoy myself, and this can be costly in Bahrain.

You really don't want to be paying much more than 1/4 or 1/3 of your salary in rent. Based on that, and previous info in the thread, you'd be looking at 1200bd as a reasonable wage. But I would say this for a very junior post, and probably for a single person, unless the household could have 2 such incomes. For just basic needs, our friend here Cris4ang has calculated 600bd is totally gone once rent has been paid. Not sure what the basic needs covers beyond food and toiletries. Costs like transportation, unforseen, fun and luxuries can quickly become a major expense here. And you'd like to stash some away for a rainy day, future expenses and/or retirement eventually.

But, I must stress..it's all down to what standard of living you are used to. Living in NY, I'm sure you have good access to see what the difference means between living in Manhatten or Queens..

Hi All,

I will be moving to Bahrain next month .Could any one give any idea of the cost of living.Is it necessary to have a car there.What are the options of public transport. 19000 BHD annum is reasonable ??.... I want to take decent 1 bhk apartment.

Look above for cost of living..or search the forum..plenty of topics on it.

We have survived without a car, organized a driver to pick up and drop of for work, this has ranged from 35 to 45bhd a month..the cheapest guy we had was not very reliable, so happy to pay an extra 10bhd a month to get to work on time and actually get picked up..having a car, rented, will set you back about 200bhd a month in rent. You can get a decent 1 bedroom flat for about 450 a month. A jan burger sets you back 800 fills, and trust me, you could live of these things, they are amazing!