Bulgaria.

Hi,I am thinking of moving to Bulgaria,trouble is i would be moving out there alone and was just wondering  how locals would be with me i have found an area that seems idea for me to be self sufficient just wondering if anyone has had, or heard of anyone having experiencing anything in this area.

Hi Buster!! Where will you be moving in Bulgaria? We moved to Sofia in October, and so far, we ve had only good experiences with Bulgarian people!!

Good luck

Elsa

Hi frenchy_elsa,I am looking at property near to the village of Palamartsa near the town of Popovo.I want a rural place maybe this is to rural?.As i said i would be settling there on my own and become self sufficient but still would like to be part of the village life.What is it like where you have moved to. Thanks Norman

buster900 fyi frenchy_elsa is in Sofia, the capital. Where you are going is the deep province... Folks are generally nice and friendly as long as they are respected, just like everywhere else in the world. You will find folks in the smaller cities and villages (like where you are moving) to be friendlier and more helpful compared to the large cities. The village where you are considering relocating is rather small, however, as you know it, it is only couple of hours drive from the beach! May I ask why did you choose that village?

Yes, usually people in the villages are friendly and hospitable. The only roblem you could possibly meet is the language.

Thanks for that SavinaS,i know the language will be a bit of a problem at first but i hope to learn it as soon as possible.Do you live in a rural area or in a city?

I would not say that the only issue would be the language. Transport, healthcare, pharmacy, entertainment, eating out, those sort of things with the 1st 3 being the major. Yes, there will most likely  be couple of small stores where you could get the most important things and the quantity of many will be a few.

Hello Norman.

Did you end up buying in palamartsa?
We live the other side of Popovo, and we love live here.
People think that this part of Bulgaria is too rural, but it is far from that.
In 2011, three cities in Bulgaria, were given more money than all the others, to refurb and do up their town centres. Popovo was one of them, the work is still on going, and we will have a great new centre finished this year.
There are bars, restaurants, hospitals, schools, buses, trains, doctors, dentists, banks, and every thing that any other city in the world has to offer.
Popovo is very up and coming, and alot of Expats are choosing to come and live here. Palamartsa, has the most expats, buying in the same village out of the whole of Bulgaria. So the people are very used to the british and their ways, and welcome them to the village. As do the villagers in other villages around popovo. They understand that the brits are helping to raise house prices, and are spending money in their villages.

Would love to know if you bought here or not, and if so, if you would like to meet up and be part of our social group, introducing all the expats in the area to each other, then you will be more than welcome.
We meet in the warmer months, and enjoy a chat and a coffee.

Gemma

Hi Gemma.

No i did'nt buy a property in Palamartsa last year but i will be soon.As i am in contact with you and your company at the moment starting to plan my visit now with a view to meeting up with you to view some of the great properties you have to offer at the end of the month.It does look a excellent place to live all the villages in the area look very peaceful but not to far away from the main town of Popovo.

Regards Norman.

Hi Norman.

It's a small world isn't it. I came across this forum by accident, and i am really starting to prefer it over all the others.

I look forward to hearing from you shortly then.
You know where I am if you need me.

Gemma