Sunscreen

Hi, I will arriving in Riyadh in a few weeks. I will be working as an architect on site so a lot of the time ill be outdoors. Im white as a ghost :) and burn very easily so any advise on the best sunscreen to use over there. Ive heard of some sunblock the aussie surfers use so maybe somebody else has some advise.
Thanks

Hey Dubliner, pale Irish skin in this climate, out on site, that will be a challenge!  At least this time of year it is on par with a mild UK winter, so the days bright but very cool but the sun's rays are deceivingly strong.  Get a high sun block - consult first in Ireland before you leave, with your Doctor on the best type of block to get and maybe stock a little supply in your suitcase until you find your feet here and find the best place to get.  You could also send a message to the Irish Embassy as they will have a range of practical tips and advice and I am sure skin care will be fairly high on their list.

:) you won't need sunscreen for a while yet mate.

Yes, it is pretty chilly here actually.  Make sure you bring some warm clothing and stuff, just because it's a desert, doesn't mean they don't have winters.  Anything from 8 - 20 degrees here at the moment, then in summer anything from 30 - 50 degrees - so be warned!

Brrrrrrrrrrrr....... it can get cold!!

Yes bring your factor 50 and your rain coat just to be sure!!