Hello again :)

In the wild, hunger causes animals to take potentially fatal risks.

If Mr. Duarte has been reading my posts, and if he knows who I am, coming to the Philippines will be my last mistake.  He will, no doubt, haul me off the plane when it lands and have me drawn and quartered, by four huge semi trucks, right there on the tarmac...  (He's not known for being subtle :)

I am at a juncture, in my life.  I was hit on my bike on 04/13/2016.  I lived in a nursing home for 6 weeks, until I could (barely) walk.  Now, 7+ months later, I try to minimize the times I arise, and walk to the kitchen, so my knee can heal.

When things slowed down I had the time to turn, inward.  Many things that were scattered have come together, albeit far too slowly.  In an attempt to make SOME use of the forced downtime, I have lost 50 pounds since the wreck.  Still, my tummy is full, so I am not hungry... for food.

I have told many women, "If you are not OK alone, you will never be OK with someone else."  Relationships 101, in my mind.  I am OK, alone.  I am not happy... fulfilled, or whatever. 

I have mulled this over, in my mind (or, what passes for same :)  I know expecting someone to "change your life" is about as naieve as it gets.  I remember, all too well, that living with women... shall we say, generates it's own set of problems - ROFLMAO!  But those were American women.

There were three:  India, Peru and the Philippines.  My internet wisdom just SHINES, does it not?

Peru?  I've been all over central America.  Latin women are all crazy, and not in a nice way.  That Latin temper takes their minds away like a dry leaf, before an autumn gale!  I'm too old for that jive and, even in my youth, I would not have liked it.

India?  I might go to the beaches of Goa for Xmas but, from what I have read, I just don't think so.  I have been to India, twice.  The last time I was there I got into a... discussion with a mahoutma (elephant driver) who "signaled" his intention to turn to his elephant by whacking her, hard, with a large, strange looking hammer.  Then he tried to hit me with it, so I decked the idiot.  Little did I know that if you go to jail in India you stay there, until you prove your innocence!  (according to my internet research).  I didn't go to jail, just almost :)

Philippines?  Drawn and quartered, right there on the tarmac.  So, there you go!

Make sure you have plenty of provisions in your storm shelter, 'cause I am coming to the Philippines.

And all that, just to come to the point.  It must be painfully obvious that I have too much time on my hands, face, legs....

I'm not stupid.  I know you have found your little corner of the Philippines and the very last thing you want is for 6,304 tourists to show up there, tomorrow.  But you might find it in your heart to accept one, even if he is crazy?

You can send me a private message.  Tell me where to go, please?  (wait - that sounds dangerous)

I'm not into big cities, traffic jambs, honking horns and, especially, feeling like a bait fish dropped into a shark tank, every time I leave my hotel.

I intend to "skip winter" this year - staying there 2-3 months.  I will depart just as soon as I think my knee might do this.  I hope not to come home, alone.

Any help greatly appreciated.

:)

Hi there great post !! consider the island of Bohol !! ive lived here 8 months so far and enjoying !! meeting lots of down to earth expats who genially have your back !! so please come and experience for yourself !!

Waggle

Bernswaggle wrote:

Hi there great post !! consider the island of Bohol !! ive lived here 8 months so far and enjoying !! meeting lots of down to earth expats who genially have your back !! so please come and experience for yourself !!

Waggle

I'm going to do exactly that!

Thank you, sir :)

Need to rethink coming here if you are not very mobile. Most transport will be by tricycle or jeepney. With a bad knee, will be extremely difficult.  Its bad enough with my bad back, but if I had a bad knee, forget about it. If its difficult to get up off the floor, then it will be harder getting out of a trike.

dhnindc wrote:

Need to rethink coming here if you are not very mobile. Most transport will be by tricycle or jeepney. With a bad knee, will be extremely difficult.  Its bad enough with my bad back, but if I had a bad knee, forget about it. If its difficult to get up off the floor, then it will be harder getting out of a trike.

Appreciate your concern.

I am waiting until Jan/Feb, for that exact reason.  I can walk ok.  Can't DANCE.  Then again, I don't dance. anyway :)