December rain

Is it normal to have this amount of rain in December? I am fearing that my two weeks holiday in HCMC, will be drowned by rainfall.

PG

As usual, November is the last month of rainy season, sometime it can prolong to the beginning of December (ex: today), so don't really worry. In the end of this year, the weather here would be hot, actually it's getting hot right now.

Vi Anh

Bring an umbrella ...

this year seemed like lots of rain compared to previous years.

It rained/monsoon every single day from when I entered Vietnam in June right to October. Not a single day it did not rain. And it's still raining on some days in November and December.

First week of October is the end of rain season. I know this because I booked a vacation at a resort in Mui Ne just before the first week of October and it was cheaper than if I booked it few days later.

What rain? Rain for 1 hour followed by drizzle for one hour then nice cool temps is a typical rainy day. Yes it was raining longer and heavier in Sep/Oct.  But I guess I like the wetness of the tropics. What I don't like is the hot dry spring, good time to go away!

Even typhoons up north just last for a day or two, right? Different from storms in north america which dump rain or snow continuously or in waves for days at a time.

totally agree Gobot. The rain makes the weather tolerable. I rarely sweat this year. Previous years I remember the discomfort of the heat and having to take 3-5 showers a day. The shower water was warm/hot though.

This year all my showers are cold water lol.