Looking to buy a condo in bangkok + need a reliable real estate agent

I'm currently living in China but plan to move over to Bangkok in about a year. I'm trying to buy a condo, but am finding difficulty in finding reliable estate agents who answer your emails. I've already been over to Bangkok and tried to make contact with real estate agents there as well as noted new condo buildings etc. Often when you look on websites for developers with new condo buildings etc., the info is in Thai. Any suggestions would be appreciated as I'm coming to bangkok again in February.

Welcome on Expat-blog, Goingnutsinchina

Your discussion has been redirected to the Bangkok forum for effective networking. This might help you in obtaining more responses from members over there.

Else, you can post a customized advert on the: Houses for sale in Bangkok, Classifieds page.

Regards

You can contact [please use the pm system, no ads on the forum]

Try mrroomfinder.com I know the guy there is a westerner and quite a cool guy, a busy little fella, but so far reliable.
Im not advertising anything, just is the service that I have used and found that is helpful.

Another way to try is just looking for service apartments for living in a short time.
Or let try this website for a real estate agency.
era.com/

Unless you are familiar with Bangkok I would do as Tangmay suggest and rent when you first arrive.  It will allow you time to explore various area's and make a few contacts before you buy.  The worse thing you can do is buy a condo in bad location you end up hating.

Write a mail to "David Wilson" his mailadress is [email protected]
He's the owner of goldengateasia.com and he's very helpfull and answer always his mails.
Tell him that I sended you to him, my name is Jan Caluwaerts
Best regards.

Hi going nuts, also try a fellow named Bill. he is a Canadian and I have talked to him alot through emails. He has been in BKK a long time, and the conversations we have had indicates he is a straight shooter.

[email protected]

I would not recommend Bill or EasyHomes (Easy Homes ?) under any circumstances.  I was misled by the company (apparently a company of one expat and a friend of his, Bill) in regards to housing, and wound up losing tens of thousands of baht in the process.  I would love to go into the details but I honestly don't want to be overly specific for fear of being identified by Bill and his mates--it's a small town for expats, and there is little legal recourse.  As straight of a shooter as he may seem (I thought the same thing when I met him), he, like many expat real estate agents, is not nearly as informed about real estate in Bangkok as he should be, has a limited range of contacts for legitimate housing options in a city of over ten million people, and is highly opportunistic.  If you're going to work with Bill or Easy Homes, get a contract and a long paper trail.

Hi I got lucky and was introduced to this excellent estate agent who was able to find my dream home in Bangkok. She speaks fluent English and Thai and was able to negotiate my apartment for me down to rock bottom prices. Her commission isn't based on high prices, but just on a sale, therefore she can barter down prices for you without compromising on her wages! Really good as the client seems to get a good deal.

Her e-mail is:

[email protected]

Telephone:

+66 (0)83-888-1224

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

hi,
yes i am looking for buying a studio appt in pattaya or bangkok. i am a regular visiter. 18th sept i am visiting.  if u have , send me the detail etc etc. so that in this visit i can finalise
reg.
dev

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

Hi!! I want to sale my condominium. (one bedroom @ chateau in town Phaholyothin 11) I bought it 2 years ago and never stay there. If you want to see, please contact me when you come to Bangkok again :)

Do you have photo of your unit? i can put it in my website - bangkokcondoandapartment.com

My bf is selling his condo in sukhumvit 101/1 around bts punnawithi if you want to just give him a call

hi,
yes i am looking for buying a studio appt in pattaya or bangkok. i am a regular visiter. 18th sept i am visiting.  if u have , send me the detail etc etc. so that in this visit i can finalise
reg.
My bf is selling his condo in sukhumvit 101/1 around bts punnawithi if you want to just give him a call

I know somebody who is looking to sell his condo. Mp me :)

Hello everyone,

Can you please post your adverts in the right section which is housing in Bangkok section?

I close this as it is an old topic [2011]

Thank you.
Expat.com team

Closed