Orchid Bay development/community in Belize

Hi there!
I'm new to this forum and website.  I was wondering if anyone out here has any first hand experience or information about the Orchid Bay development in Belize.  I have been on their website and am aware of the tours they conduct each month for people interested in this community. 
Hopefully someone on this site (expat) can give me any firsthhand experience or advice/info, tips etc.  I will be travelling to Belize in April.
Thanks!
PrincessLily

Welcome to the forum PrincessLily ;)

I hope that you will get some replies soon ;)

Regards

If you are looking for clear blue waters of the caribbean you wont find them in Chetumal bay

I have friends who are building there house there right now. They should be in it by July.  They seem real happy with the way things are going right now.  But since I have been here a long time I will tell you that before you buy anywhere come down first and look around. There are many Places like Orchid Bay and I think its easier to rent somewhere like Corozal first and then check each one out.  Good Luck to you.

Since you are coming down this month you'll be able to look and judge for yourself.  I have a home, between Corozal and Consejo.  I was looking for a secluded place, but did not want to be isolated either.  I achieved just that, I can drive to Corozal in less than 10 minutes, but when I'm at my place, I can feel nice and cozy on my 4 acres of waterfront.
You will know when you've found "the place" of your dreams.  Good luck and enjoy your trip.

Hi Lily.  We are looking into Corozal's Orchid Bay as well.  We live in Reno NV now, but plan to attend an expats conference in Belize City in November.  We received the materials from the conference last year and found them very helpful.  The rep. from Orchid Bay in Corozal was at the top of our list, based on all the material we received.  We will certainly be speaking with them and visiting while we are there in Nov.  [Moderated: Use private message instead]. There are quite a number of real estate people there to chat up their realty or their new communities, so it's a great way to do a lot of research in a short (3 days) time... And while we're adventurous, we're not so adventurous as to buy a home sight unseen over the internet. 

Because of the conference materials we received, we've also been communicating with the man who designed Orchid Bay, Phil Hahn. 
He's beginning a new, more sustainable community near San Ignacio which probably won't be ready for another year or so.  His community is called Carmelita Gardens and is in the Cayo District (which we hadn't been considering before reading the materials) and sounds like it might satisfy my husband's financial needs and my own "green" needs.  I wish you well in your search.  If you have any more questions, give me a "ring."

I have to say that the developers at Orchid Bay have follow through with everything they said they would do and have kept to a time table for achieving these plans.  This is a very rare thing in Belize developments. This alone sets them apart form the others.

I have visited, and I must say I am impressed with what they have don and with everything they continue to do.  This is a good starting point, but please do, your do diligence and check out other places in the area as well.  Then make your "informed" decision as to which place suits your needs the best.  But most of all enjoy Belize!