After some advice

Hi there, I've just joined this forum and after some advice, as I'm interested in a job that's been offered in Kuwait I'm looking for some guidance as I'm a 37 year old single male from the UK and I'm new to all this. Any help and advice you can give will be muchly appreciated, thanks Dan

I can't offer advice specific to Kuwait, but general advice is to pack an open mind and a large smile.
Hopefully other members will do better, but perhaps you could list areas that concern you about your move.

Dan,

What are your concerns?

Hi Dan,

I hope you're move to Kuwait will be great too. As you might already must have done a lot of research about the country, make sure to come with open mind and open heart. There's so much to learn and there's so much to experience.

Let me know if there are specific concerns you'd like us to help you out with.

Cheers,,
Mary

I think Ribosom has asked the most relevant question.

Have you lived abroad? In the Gulf?

For anyone to advise you they would need to know your concerns.

Well am living in kuwait for almost 9 years...there is nothing to worried about unless you are open minded and you dont have any issues to deal with different cultures ...plus you can do what ever you want in a legal way .
Of course is not going to be like UK .
But still you can live here and you and enjoy your life too .you can do a lot of activities ..
  Regards
loubna

Dan

It all depends what your job is, how long you're here for etc. I'm a teacher, this is my 4th year. Its a bit warmer than Newcastle if that helps ;)

Hi all thanks for the response, just waiting for visa to be processed now then I will be moving out there.

Let the adventure begin.

Don't know if you can get Bovril/Marmite here...might want to stick a jar in your bag, well protected.

Yeah thanks I had seen that on other posts and online