Cost of living in Ha'il / average salary

Dear all,

I will be moving from Winchester (UK) to Ha'il (KSA) and work at the University of Ha'il as an assistant professor. I am wondering about the cost of living there... Various websites tell me it is not as expensive as Jeddah or Riyadh which I am glad to know. Would a monthly salary of 15,000 SAR (plus housing) be enough for a family of three (kid's smaller than a year). It doesn't sound great at all after conversion to GBP or USD (my countries of origin). Would someone please shed some light on it - is that a good offer or even acceptable? I believe it is tax-free but it still sounds little so thought I would hear from locals and know more about it. Hope to hear from you all...

Cheers,
Astrophysicist

If the housing is included in your offer than it's an average offer

You have to know if your company is responsible for school fees and childcare, it's expensive, it's your main issu and without it is difficult. The groceries for a family of 3 is between 200 and 400 rial / week. A normal new car between 30,000 and 100,000. A restaurant varies between 15 to 150 / person. I think that 15 000 / month is normal for a small load (max 12h course / week) otherwise it is a little small. But 15,000 is normal I think.

Thank you so much for your quick replies, 3abir and MohammadHajjHassan. How much would renting a 3-bedroom house cost in Ha'il? I have been frantically looking for one online but can't find a reliable link... Any help appreciated.

Please someone help me too informing about good international schools for kids. My husband got offer from hail university. We will be moving from germany. How much monthly expense one can have with 2 school going kids nd 2 adults. How much is for renting a   3 bedroom apartment or home.

may be of help: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 71#3542246

hello dear
Please I'm in a simmilar situation, my husband found an offer in the Hail university, we come from Tunisia, so before accepting the offer, we need a help to know more about this City : 
- we have a son with 6 years old, are there any internationnal schools in Hail, do they teach the French language and what is the fees per year
- also the fees of renting an appartement near the university or the school

Thank you for your help

@astrophysicist

Hi bro

Dear all,

I found a job offer from Almas international schools hail. How much average salary is recommended for an English teacher.

I am M.Phil in English with 12 years experience of teaching

Hello rafaqatali6900,

Welcome on board !

Please note that the OP has been inactive since a couple of years now and this thread is also quite old.

We recommend members to participate only on recent threads of the forum so that they might get some feedback.

May I suggest that you create your own thread on the Saudi Arabia forum or introduce yourself on the New Members thread as I will be closing this old thread.

Thank you in advance,

Bhavna

[Thread Closed]

Closed