French baker looking for a job

Good morning ! i'm a French baker. I'm looking for a job in Indonesia. Do you know how i can find a job ?

Regards.

Hi Geoffrey. I do not know if any specific job but several leads might be of interest to you.

I've read that wheat consumption is soaring in Indonesia, and bread companies are doing extremely well right now, especially with a new, and often foreign-educated, middle class. I would thus assume there could be interest in a qualified French baker to act as an "Advisor" (that's about the only way foreigners get jobs here) to a baking company.

Drop by the Hotel Intercontinental near Jl. Sudirman and ask at the Deli to talk to their European (Swiss, last I heard) bakers. They could have some interesting suggestions for you.

My other point is that you might want to try to contact Mr. Agam, owner of Animo Bakery in Kemang. I buy my walnut rye and cranberry rye breads there, and have interviewed Agam for INDONESIA EXPAT. He speaks good English and seems very knowledgeable. He might have suggestions for you.

Be aware of the extremely complex nature of immigration here, particularly as it applies to getting a work permit. You'll need quite a bit of patience and luck as well.

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : no external link please

Unless the OP has skills that are unavailable from an Indonesian or will willing to invest and start a PT company, his chances of landing a job in a bakery are pretty much zero.

Thank youso much :)

I'm sorry to bear bad news, but Indonesia has very strict laws on work and who can do what.
The basic rule of thumb is, if an Indonesian can do the job, a foreigner can't.

Geoffrey,

The other thing that occurs to me is that you might want to start off looking in Singapore. it is about the only country in the region where a westerner can easily obtain a work permit, particularly in an area of aesthetics. I would put "baking" into that, particularly French baking.

Living is quite expensive but an employer will often arrange that for you too. After a few years there you might locate other possibilities, such as starting your own company, in Indonesia or another country in this region.

Also be sure to check out the scene in Bali, where one can obtain many baked delights simply not available in Java. Indonesians are helpful people and someone there might be able to offer a thoughtful suggestion.

Good luck with your quest.

Hi! Are you still looking for a job as a baker in Indonesia? If so I would have an offer for you. Thanks and have a good day

Umamis wrote:

Hi! Are you still looking for a job as a baker in Indonesia? If so I would have an offer for you. Thanks and have a good day

With work permit and KITAS?

thank you :)

Umamis wrote:

Yes, I'm still looking for a job in Indonesia. Have a nice day

Byron Allen Black wrote:

Geoffrey,

The other thing that occurs to me is that you might want to start off looking in Singapore. it is about the only country in the region where a westerner can easily obtain a work permit, particularly in an area of aesthetics. I would put "baking" into that, particularly French baking.

Living is quite expensive but an employer will often arrange that for you too. After a few years there you might locate other possibilities, such as starting your own company, in Indonesia or another country in this region.

Also be sure to check out the scene in Bali, where one can obtain many baked delights simply not available in Java. Indonesians are helpful people and someone there might be able to offer a thoughtful suggestion.

Good luck with your quest.

thank you so much !

Make sure any offers include the work permit and KITAS.

Great, could you send your CV to [email protected] please. Thanks and have a nice day