Close

Sorry, but please please someone help

Sorry for sending this message, this forum came up when I searched for 'help advice samui' and i'm struggling for answers.

Basically i've made the biggest mistake of my life 1 week ago and i'm terrified because i'm starting to show symptons - my question is do you know or is there anyone you might ask who can tell me where I can get an early HIV test on Koh Samui? The hospitals here can only offer a test after 4 weeks, but ive found that in Bangkok etc there is a test that can be done after 1 week.

Please try to help me find the answer, I will be eternally indebted to you. I'm terrified.

Regards,
Simon

The HIV sites all suggest the first symptoms appear between 2 to 4 weeks, meaning you're more likely to have a bit of flu.
However, testing is never a bad idea if you've engaged in risky sex.

Fred thank you lots for sending a message it's really appreciated, been feeling far from home and quite alone with this. I'm not normally dramatic but this has me shaken.

Yes I found that many say 2 weeks, but the odd one does say 1 week. That's why i'm really hoping to find a clinic or hospital on the island that can do an early test now, rather than having to wait weeks like this.

I did go to Bangkok hospital last night, but they were quite useless, they charged me and tested me, then told me the test was irrelevant because it was too soon so i felt quite ripped off.

If anyone knows anywhere that offers the earlier test on Koh Samui i'd really appreciate it.

Simon

I suspect you'll get the same thing everywhere because the virus doesn't normally seem to show up this early.

The bright side is you're probably clear because it's too soon.

Hopefully. Thanks again Fred

The place called "Clinic Ni-Ra-Nam" it is located at Pratunam area you can ask taxi drive to get there.

Expatriate health insurance in Koh Samui

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Koh Samui

Moving to Koh Samui

Find tips from professionals about moving to Koh Samui

Travel insurance in Koh Samui

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Koh Samui

Flights to Koh Samui

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Koh Samui