Paraguay Citizenship is really possible ?!

hello !
i have read a lot about easiness of getting residentship and after 3 years citizenship and passport .

i am going to apply for residency first but i have following questions , i would be thankful for any help from friends here.

1- i dont want to live in paraguay , do i need to stay certain period of time each year in paraguay?
     i can visit once a year and can stay few weeks .

2- i may like to do some export-import business with paraguay , is it consider " TIE to Paraguay " when i want to apply for citizenship and would it help me ?!

3- i have iranian passport , if i want to get paraguay passport , do i need to give up old one?!

4- how long it need time to get my first Paraguay ID card ( temporary ) and how long after that i can get permanent id card?     
can i travel other south american countries by my temporary id card too?!

5- do you know any reliable lawyer which wont play and can real help?

for me what is most important is to obtain a passport , though i would be do some business there if situation is good for me .
i have no problem for keep money in bank 5000/ annual income/ and i will learn spanish as well and can visit once a year to country and stay few weeks .

thanks a lot

Hi princexiaomi, welcome on Expat-blog! :)

I hope you get replies very soon.

I wish you good luck
Christine

Here's a list of attorneys offered by the US Embassy:

http://paraguay.usembassy.gov/service-m … ys2010.pdf

I don't believe Iran has an embassy in Paraguay.

Attorneys in Paraguay are unreliable.  They may do a good job for one person, and not do a good job for another.  The list from the consulate is probably the best place to start.  If you take a recommendation from someone, that attorney may or may not do a good job for you, and may or may not overcharge you.

If you are a foreigner, expect to be exploited.  Some people I know say to expect to pay three times more for most things.

Also, beware of wolves in sheep clothing, especially other foreigners wanting to "help".

thanks a lot Tom !
but what is solution , how can i start ,
i just have a reliable friend in brazil in whole south america !

TomVacaville wrote:

Here's a list of attorneys offered by the US Embassy:

http://paraguay.usembassy.gov/service-m … ys2010.pdf

I don't believe Iran has an embassy in Paraguay.

Attorneys in Paraguay are unreliable.  They may do a good job for one person, and not do a good job for another.  The list from the consulate is probably the best place to start.  If you take a recommendation from someone, that attorney may or may not do a good job for you, and may or may not overcharge you.

If you are a foreigner, expect to be exploited.  Some people I know say to expect to pay three times more for most things.

Also, beware of wolves in sheep clothing, especially other foreigners wanting to "help".

Dear princexiaomi,

I am currently living in Panama and loving it, but have my eye on Paraguay and Uruguay as possible options for second home/jurisdiction for finance/investments. I would strongly recommend anyone considering these two countries to contact Peter MacFarlane at [email protected]. He has a free newsletter and a fee based membership ($89/yr). For members he offers a consultation/visit to these countries where he introduces you to all the right people. Here is one article about it:
qwealthreport.com/events.php
The cost for the tour that just happened recently was $795, excluding travel/accommodations. The timing wasn't right for me this year, but I intend to go the next time a trip is planned.

Hope that helps,

jazzper

thx a lot

Christine wrote:

Hi princexiaomi, welcome on Expat-blog! :)

I hope you get replies very soon.

I wish you good luck
Christine

Hi , cause your from Iran , it will be imposible to get a Citizenship , there is a list of countries wich are not allowed to get a citizenship there are no  jobs here btw in Paraguay anyway ***

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : bigotry