Long time expat, new member introduction...

Hi guys n gals,

I stumbled upon this forum while googling for off-road enthusiasts in n around dammam/khobar area.

I'm an Indian expat working in the kingdom for almost 5yrs now. Lived in Riyadh for an year and then got transferred to Khobar in Sep'2007. Loving it since then. I just rejected an oppurtunity in Riyadh bcos we love khobar so much that we didn't want to leave !!!

Me n the Mrs. love travelling, trekking, camping and of course the regular visits to bahrain for a movie n a drink or two. We do most of our travelling by road. We have now driven to Jordan, Syria, Turkey, UAE and Oman in our Pajero and love going out into the desert on weekends (well, whenever we can). We have got stuck in the desert sands many a times and now we are experienced enough to be pulling out even locals when they are stuck :-0

We have the "Desert treks from khobar" guide book and are planning to retrace the authors path on a regular basis. If any one is interested in some off-road driving, adventurous trips, day/overnight trips, we'd be keen to do a group drive while the weather permits us to do so. Soon (in a few months) it will be hot and miserable with 200% humidity and you can forget any kind of physically demanding outdoor activities !!!

We also like meeting like minded ppl and eating out at various (Indian/Arabic/Italian/Chinese) restaurants in Khobar/Dammam. We prefer the low on visibility, high on taste kinda restarants over the flashy ones.

Well, thats about it and i hope to be of help to anyone here on the forum or in dammam/khobar if you need any.

Cheers
Vicks & Nits

PS : If anyone is into off-road riding (motorcycles) and want to make use of the cool weather for a desert ride, pls PM me.

@Vicks: welcome welcome!! read through my posts, I think, you will find out that I am an adventure junkie as well, as well as a big foodie! :D

and any safari. count me in! I am game!

RedGoblin wrote:

@Vicks: welcome welcome!! read through my posts, I think, you will find out that I am an adventure junkie as well, as well as a big foodie! :D

and any safari. count me in! I am game!

wanna start off with a short dune bashing at halfmoon tomorrow ? say 10:00-11:00AM onwards

Welcome to the Expat.com