Close

Shipping a house from abroad?

So I have this crazy plan. I want to buy a piece of agricultural land maybe 70,000 euro is my budget, then get a house built on it. I found a bunch of sites selling 'Log cabin' kits, so I was wondering if it was possible to get them shipped to Malta?
coventryloghomes.com/ourDesigns/buyingProcess.html

One thing to consider first is does the land have a permit for building on it - usually not if it's agricultural land..

What kind of land do I need to get then to be able to build in AND perhaps crop in?

Surely, if you are Maltese, you would be better asking friends or relatives as to what you may be able to do, rather than asking a group of expats who are not over familiar with the way things are done here.
Certainly I would have thought that to build on agricultural land would not be possible, but then this is Malta we are talking about!

Ray

I'm sure the Malta Planning Authority knows more...

http://www.pa.org.mt/

You can get those flat-pack houses shipped anywhere I imagine, Malta would seem to be a very difficult place to get agricultural land to start off with, never mind getting permission to build on it. Maybe some countries which have a lot of crops like in Central or South America, Asia might be more feasible.

Speak to the PA but from what I understand your only chance is to build in the place a previous place was build on an existing bit of land, and then only in that size.  And you'll find land is also really quite expensive especially land with any hope of being built on

Land is at an extreme premium here, you don't just build things

volcane :

Speak to the PA but from what I understand your only chance is to build in the place a previous place was build on an existing bit of land, and then only in that size.  And you'll find land is also really quite expensive especially land with any hope of being built on

Land is at an extreme premium here, you don't just build things

Unless you're a big developer... ;)

Yes I do agree about land being expensive in Malta! I do think about moving to a place like Romania as the land there is cheap as chips.

Expatriate health insurance in Malta

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Malta

Moving to Malta

Find tips from professionals about moving to Malta

Travel insurance in Malta

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Malta

Flights to Malta

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Malta