We are planning to move to Mauritius in the last quarter of next year 2017. I want to come on a Self-Employed occupation permit and my family as dependents. My questions:
1. How do you start with accommodation, is it better to rent then buy?
2. Grand Bay will be our target location is this good are for business?
3. How does import taxes work on Vehicles from South Africa or is it better to buy in Mauritius?
4. Any idea on the cost to bring your dogs over we have 2 big dogs, i believe its a 30 days of quarantine for them?
5. Do you pay duties if you ship your household stuff over to Mauritius from South Africa?
6. Is there agents helping expats with all the permits, bank accounts and the emigration process, can anyone recommend someone?
7. If you buy a House in Mauritius as a foreigner do you need to pay cash or will the banks give loans as you have to invest min 1.3 MUR anyway?
8. Any estimate on living cost for a family of 4 rent @25000MUR kids are not at school yet, so food , electricity, petrol, internet?
Any feedback will be appreciated deeply
Have a great Sunday All